Here we go with a problem.... - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 12:43 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Heck no! After getting the "wear item" crap from Suzuki when I had the dealership look at it under warranty Im not going back to a Suzuki product. If I just happen to get a lemon 400, I will be on my own again! Impress me with the entry level stuff before I buy something bigger and more expensive. Shame that Yamaha Zuma 125 I had left me stranded so many times and Yamaha said NO when I took it in, and it was only 2 weeks out of warranty, because I promised myself I would get a Tmax next-not after that nightmare! I will try and fix the 200 and see how it does. Regardless, when its time to move on and up, a Suzuki product will not be on my list.
Maybe you just bought the wrong one. The 200 is apparently less than half of a 400, from what I've been reading on here. I was wondering how they would work out, when they first came out. Maybe Suzuki will upgrade the Variator Sheave to a harder aluminum alloy or a steel lining. Fat chance though.

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1977 Honda CB 750 Silver
1977 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 06:37 AM
Insane Poster

Usually, the smaller the bike, the more of it is made in Mainland.

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Heres my attitude towards this whole mess. My SYM CityCom was a great scooter. Nice quality but impossible to get parts for. If you managed to track down a part, it would take months to arrive. No more SYM products. After Yamaha said no to a 2 weeks out of warranty claim I ended up trading the scooter, turns out a weld was cutting into the wire loom under the floor board panel, shorting the choke circuit out. Zuma 125 is made by Lifan in Taiwan, Tmax made in Japan by Yamaha. No longer matters, done with Yamaha. Oh, and the new Zuma 125s have the loom protected now! Now Suzuki says "Oh, thats a wear item. Not covered." like they are trying to avoid paying our any warranty claims and not even investigating into it does not leave me with enough confidence to invest my money into another product by them, no matter were it is made. Remember, I was the "Qlink followed me home" guy on the "Others" thread from way back. Now onto Honda. I loved both of my Helix's and had great luck with them. The only reason I didnt get a Silver Wing was because I have a tight parking space (it didnt fit) and I was not so comfy with that ignition key hole pointing up and collecting everything that falls from the sky, but I could have come up with a solution for that. Now Im willing to make the space and solve that ignition cover issue. I dont care if its considered inferior to the Burgman 400, its better supported by its manufacturer. But first, I will try to solve the Burgman 200 transmission issue. It just stinks that Im on my own with no support or care from its manufacturer. Suzuki took my money and ran. Thats how I see it.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Z50

Yep I replaced everything. variator $110. belt $110. clutch $115 clutch drive pulleys $200. At 5000 miles i replaced the belt and variator. At 10,000 miles everything got replaced.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 03:27 PM
Z50

I had problems with my Zuma 125 as well. Bergman 400 was just to much money and i really like the 200. If they would just address the variator it would be perfect for me.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:00 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. View Post
only single brake on front, bad gas mileage, etc. And of course the 400 has the legendary reliability.
The front brake caliper has three pistons so i don't see the need for another rotor, and the bad gas millage is probably okay since it has an engine that is 50% bigger than the 400. We (me and some of my mechanic friends) sometimes make jokes about the Silverwing being the only maxi scooter that is hard to find used parts locally for it because it's simply a very simple machine that was made to last and eat miles.
gec343, ducati14 and E.D. like this.

Learning patience.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Insane Poster

It's not so much a matter of pistons quantity, but rather asymmetrical load on fork that twists it out of line.

Last true 400.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
scOOter: sorry for your problems. But a couple things just popped out to me: Your turning 8000 rpm at 65mph? And you normally expect pulling/passing power from your 200 engine at 8000+? Wow. On my stock 400, I cruise at 65 at about 6000 rpm, and pass effectively without exceeding 7000 by much.

Jeff
AN650L4 in MMFG (Gray) Givi V47, Clearview
AN400K8 in Black, Givi AirFlow
'12 Vespa LXV150 in Portofino Green for the wife

AN400K5 in Blue (sold)
AN650K5 in Silver (sold)
AN650K7 in Gray (sold)

a Burgman rider since Aug. 28, 2005
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolzen View Post
It's not so much a matter of pistons quantity, but rather asymmetrical load on fork that twists it out of line.
BOGUS!
So I suppose a bike with a chain drive has "asymetrical load" that twists a swingarm and really it
should have chain drive on both sides of the wheel to keep it from twisting off in the wrong direction?
The whole wheel gets slowed, not just one side. Drag load from the tire is transferred up the wheel
uniformly to the axle. Twist, if any would be up and down the fork with the brake disk trying to pull
the caliper around. But if the axle is not loose then it is hard to near impossible for it to pull the
other fork enough to rotate it around the caliper side fork.

Well built bikes are designed to be robust enough to counter that. Some that are not would need fork
braces to help keep them from bending at the top of the forks. When they do, it is more of a bending
that would tilt the wheel/tire toward the caliper side at the top of the forks rather than a twisting the
wheel to the left or right.

Dual disks are a gimmick mostly IMO. Only adding more complexity than really necessary when just
a single rotor big enough and with adequate brake pad surface and pistons large enough to apply the
pressure would do just fine thank you. Dual disks would need more hydraulic lines, brake pads, rotors
calipers and so more parts to maintain/repair/replace, more unsprung weight... And bleeding them
would be oh so much fun too.... NOT
But, they would probably tend to run cooler and there would be none of that dreaded fork twist going
on. Probably good for the racing bikes but not worth it enough for all the other disadvantages in my
view for bikes that are not going to be ridden at break neck speed most of the time.

Southeast Michigan Darkside rider

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me

Last edited by bandito2; 12-13-2016 at 10:21 PM.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:53 AM
Insane Poster

Following are the hub pictures of same bike model -- DL1000 V-Strom, with first image being closest to original. Can your bogus tell what force those hub modifications are made to counteract:

Last true 400.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.