Why a 200 and not a 400? (first impressions at 100 miles) - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Super Poster

The squeak is normal at that low of a RPM. Trust me, you wont hear it once the scoot is fully broken in. The trim piece is very easy to remove-2 screws in the back and a tricky press fit thingy in the front/center section, and the windshield itself is not to hard once you learn how to outsmart the wellnuts that hold it on. My old PUIG squeaked the most, the factory "tall/touring" is pretty quiet and I dont remember anything about the stock one. The factory "tall/touring" windshield came with super thick padding to reduce the amount of rattle, but the padding eventually gets flattened and wears out. PUIG came with nothing extra for rattle resistance-hence its tendency to have higher than normal rattles.
Rusty J likes this.

Last edited by sc00ter; 09-21-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Those two screws in the back are the ones at the top corners of the dashboard, correct?

Also, how much taller is the OEM tall windshield than the stock one?

Thanks in advance!

Not all who wander lack GPS.
Whir-chirp-chirp, purr...
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Interesting experience: My insurance company didn't have the 200 in its database.

They do now.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 12:14 AM
Super Poster

Yup, those 2 screws. The Suzuki website list the tall/touring windshield at 2" taller I believe. Racing Planet, and PUIG's website list their specs (and installation instructions) also. Interesting is the fact that both the PUIG and tall Suzuki are almost the exact same size. Read my review of both for the differences. Also note that they BOTH flex about the same at interstate speeds-something not really noticed at the time when I wrote the review for the Suzuki one. My wife likes the look of the tall/tour Suzuki shield (plus we have pinball stickers on it!) and we both like the fact that the Suzuki one squeaks less than the PUIG (it didnt come with super thick foam tape). Come to think about it, I would cut someone a great deal on the PUIG since its just sitting in a box. Nice priced, used option to test a next level windshield size. Biggest option is a GIVI with a price to match. Its clear and mint/no scratches or discoloration. PM if interested and I will dig it out of hiding and we will work a great deal. Japan WeBike website also has some cool, interesting windshield options AND some leg deflectors that I have been eyeing.
Rusty J likes this.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Thanks for the info!

Looking at photos, I like the lines of the OEM Tall screen better than those of the Puig -- and the Givi one simply looks out of place. But either way, a +2 windscreen* ought to make all the difference in terms of noise.

Also, it turns out that the "rattle/squeak" is only noticeable when everything else is quiet (which is why I noticed it last night -- I'm in a quiet neighborhood). I may put off tinkering with it and let the dealer fix it at the 600 mile service.

One last question for you or any B200 owner: there's a rubber washer under the rubber boot that covers the bottom of the right-side rear-view mirror stalk, but not one on the left. This washer is larger than the hole in the handlebar cover, so the boot sits on top of it instead of sliding into the hole in the top of the handlebar cover the way it does on the left side. Is there supposed to be a washer on the left too, is the one on the right supposed to be there but under the handlebar cover, or is it not supposed to be there at all?

* A "+2 windscreen" sounds like some magic item out of Dungeons and Dragons from back in the day, doesn't it?
gec343 likes this.

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:07 PM
Super Poster

On my 200 neither mirror has a washer under the little caps. I can scrunch the little cap thingies into the holes but they always vibrate back out. Oh man that last sentence has double meaning! Quiet? My 200 has strange rattles all over and the exhaust will eventually get louder too. Nothing unbearable or abnormal-just the whole scoot got noisier. Having only played D+D two or three times the +2 windshield does sound like some magic protection spell-from wind! Ha ha, see what I did there!
Rusty J likes this.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Ok, I think I'll take that washer out then, 'cause it looks silly. Dealer prep glitch, I suppose.
There ought to be a way to keep the boots from knocking their way loose... I'll come up with something.

I was hoping the exhaust note would mellow out over time, but I guess it won't. Oh well.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Another question for owners of the B200: Is there supposed to be a boot or something where the wires come out of the oxygen sensor on the exhaust pipe?

I'm half-inclined to put a blob of high-temp RTV (somewhat more elaborate and tidy than just that, but that's the basic idea) there. The outer sheath of the wiring stops about 1/4" before the O2 sensor, leaving the two inner insulated wires exposed.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 03:54 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty J View Post
Another question for owners of the B200: Is there supposed to be a boot or something where the wires come out of the oxygen sensor on the exhaust pipe?

I'm half-inclined to put a blob of high-temp RTV (somewhat more elaborate and tidy than just that, but that's the basic idea) there. The outer sheath of the wiring stops about 1/4" before the O2 sensor, leaving the two inner insulated wires exposed.
I had same issue on my B400 out of the box.
I guess it was done to unscrew O2 sensor easy. Anyway, after 24 000 km / 1.5 years in all weather conditions - no issues at all
Rusty J likes this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Thanks for the information!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.