My Burg 200 mini review. - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

My Burg 200 mini review.

At 2000 miles so I think now is the time. Holds 70mph on the highway and will hit 80/85 for passing-with or without a passenger. Seating broke in and its actually pretty good. No numb butt or strange pains from all day riding. Very neutral handling overall. Will haul around corners and nothing will touch down. Suspension is a bit stiff if solo, works great with a passenger. Averages 70mpg no matter how I ride it, so I just ride it like I stole it. Green eco light still makes me think I left a blinker on. Upgrades I did include:
PUIG V-series windshield. 6 out of 10. Stock was a strong 7 out of 10. So the search continues for a great windshield. PUIG "squeaks".
SHAD rear rack and trunk. Awesome is the word for hauling-but you have to remove the rear rack to service the rear lights, and the rack already has rust around the gloppy welds. Fit great and looks good (minus the rust).
BARENDERS helmet holders-worth their weight in gold. Look them up!
2 homemade drink holders. Need to learn how to post pictures (hint, hint!)
Think I'm forgetting something. Still tired and its raining today. Blah!
Rusty J, jimz, gec343 and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

I remember, O.E.M. heated grips. Very pricey (found them for $230 shipped). They feel bigger in your hands, like a Harley with their 1" grips. I got used to the size very quick, and actually prefer the larger grip size now. Not to hard to install. I used Renthal grip glue from Cycle Gear for the left grip. This glue gives you plenty of time to fit the grip correctly before it gets too dry. The throttle side comes pre-glued onto a throttle tube. Now onto heating effect. I think these are Oxford brand in disguise. Oxford makes "low draw" grips for scooter applications and I think these are those grips. On the hottest setting they get HOT, but NOTHING like my wife's Spyder grips-those get DEATH HOT on high! The throttle side does not get as hot but I think that is because its glued to a plastic throttle tube. I swapped the wires just to make sure. Same results. The grips are basically plug-and-play and come with a neat little heat selector switch holder. Only gripe is the throttle side grip wire will catch on your bulky winter glove and give you a little scare at first. Yes, I have the wire routed correct. Worth the money? Yes, If you ride year round and hate cold hands like I do.
jedd likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 10:51 PM

For the rust, you may want to try something like 3M's Marine Metal Restorer and Polish, or its Five Way Penetrant spray. Both are used to remove rust, and protect metal with thin clear coatings of protectant. You can find several kinds of metal cleaners and protectants here: http://www.texasknife.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=223_38

Truth in advertising: This is the company where I work. Yes, it's a knife making supply company, but metal is metal, and most external metals on bikes will be stainless (i.e. have higher chromium and less carbon content) for obvious reasons.
gec343 likes this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

The rust is not really a concern. The rack is powder coated really thick but it did got get in all the nooks and crannies from the bloppy welding. I have had good luck with the rust reverser from Rustoleum in the past, but I may look into this 5 Way stuff you listed because it sounds easier to use. Thanks for the suggestion.
gec343 likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

The O.E.M. overpriced tall Suzuki windshield is installed, next will be the review when I get some miles on it. So far it is pretty quiet compared to the stock and PUIG windshield. I still hate the Well Nuts but found it easier to work with them with some rubber softener (industrial P80 brand). I have become a 1 man windshield pit crew changing team!
Rusty J likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Seating broke in and its actually pretty good. No numb butt or strange pains from all day riding.
Did you have to do anything other than sit on it to get this break in? I'm at 1,700 something, and when I ride it across Houston for an hour or so, by the end I find I rather enjoy standing up. That seat is stiff!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Nothing special, just flopped my 220 pound butt on it everyday for my main transport. Im 5'9", and I did find the slope from the rear portion pushes me a bit forward than I would like but I kinda adjusted my riding position a bit. I guess I just got used to it. Someone mentioned a european O.E.M. version of our seat but I have terrible computer skills and would not be able to look it up. I hear it lets you sit a bit further back kind of like the Corbin $eat. I have owned 2 Corbin seats and have loved them both but Im not willing to pay to play right now.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
and will hit 80/85 for passing-with or without a passenger.
Is this actual or indicated?

2004 Burgman 400
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

I have never GPS verified the speedo, just know that if my wife is on the back and we hit 80+ on the dash while passing (or playing around) we are VERY close to the redline. Also, 80 on the Burgman matches 80 on her Spyder if we are riding together if that helps any. Im not sure if the Burgman has a rev limiter or not and I have yet to ping the redline long enough to get a response from the motor. I will run it a 8000/8500 RPM's (70/75 MPH) all day on the highway and never think twice about it.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

O.E.M. Suzuki Tall windshield review time. First off, I NEED to learn how to post photos, as it would help give a clearer view of my reviews. Im giving this windshield a average 8 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being great. Was thinking about a weak 9 for the score, but the price and lack of wind protection on the hands brings it back to a average 8. Again, Im 5'9" and it does a pretty nice job of controlling the blast, letting a bit of side turbulence by that clips my helmet. Beats the PUIG in frontal wind assault BUT does not block the wind off your hands as well as the PUIG. Looks nice and has very little flex or chatter at speed. For the price it should have included new Well Nuts. Easy to install with decent instructions. The little monkeys still slap my wifes helmet at speed (60+mph) but Im trying to get her to wear ear plugs on trips. Overall, not windshield nirvana but better than the stock screen, though it does not really improve passenger wind protection better or worse than the stock or PUIG screens.
Rusty J likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.