My Burg 200 mini review. - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Note to self and future heated grip installers. Renthal grip glue is junk. I installed the left grip according to the instructions with Renthal grip glue and now my left grip is starting to spin (aka-came loose). Users that installed heated grips, what did you use that works well. For the crazy price Suzuki charges they could have included a tube of grip glue. I now have to pull the handle bar cowling off (PITA!!) and the front headlights off (easy) to re-glue the grip. I know Renthal is huge in the dirtbike world and dirtbikes dont have have heated grips but this brand of grip glue just flat out sucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Insane Poster

This is what I use. it dries fast, so don't fool around with it, just slap the glue on and slide the grip on quick.

http://www.bellautomotive.com/Rubber...-5-08062-m.htm
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:41 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
O.E.M. Suzuki Tall windshield review time.
How much taller is the OEM Tall windshield than the stock windshield?

Thanks in advance.

Not all who wander lack GPS.
Whir-chirp-chirp, purr...

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:44 AM
Missed but Remembered

Quote:
Note to self and future heated grip installers. Renthal grip glue is junk. I installed the left grip according to the instructions with Renthal grip glue and now my left grip is starting to spin (aka-came loose). Users that installed heated grips, what did you use that works well. For the crazy price Suzuki charges they could have included a tube of grip glue. I now have to pull the handle bar cowling off (PITA!!) and the front headlights off (easy) to re-glue the grip. I know Renthal is huge in the dirtbike world and dirtbikes dont have have heated grips but this brand of grip glue just flat out sucks!
You need to use a cold set epoxy so the heat from the grips does not loosen the glue. I use Devcon Plastic Steel epoxy.

2012 Burgman 650 Exec
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
At 2000 miles so I think now is the time. Holds 70mph on the highway and will hit 80/85 for passing-with or without a passenger. Seating broke in and its actually pretty good. No numb butt or strange pains from all day riding.
Lucky you. I can't ride all day long on anything without "strange pains" especially in upper back and neck. Ah well, youth is no longer one of my assets.

Last edited by Tom Allen; 09-20-2016 at 05:56 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Well Mr. Allen, we may be doing something different here. I have gotten into the habit of using a Cool Ass seat cover and keeping the stock seat covered most times when off the scoot. Now the wife is complaining about aches and pains (she's a bit older than me) and I want a back rest (catching up in age), so we are thinking about a Corbin $eat. I dont have a problem looking after a leather seat and I have used their $eats in the past. Nice quality and comfort. Will post a review IF we pull the trigger.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.