Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

2009 burgman 650 AN

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ChipDoc 
#1 ·
This bike has 176 miles has been in a climate controled storage.Has brand new battery and the oil and filter changed 5500 for pics call 419-206-7801 the bike is located in luna pier Michigan 48157

#2 ·
#4 ·
If every thing checks out with the bike , and you'll take $4,000 cash I can do it this afternoon or this evening . I'm probably an hour away from you .

TheReaper!

#14 ·
I can understand turning down a $4,000 offer on the first day of listing, but I probably would jump on an offer that was only $200 less than my asking price. In todays market you need to have at least a little bargaining room in your asking price if you want to sell.
I also understand some hesitation to buy a bike almost six years old with only 200 miles on it. But I don't think that would stop me from buying it if I was in the market for another scooter.

#7 ·
It doesn't matter to me I made the offer for a friend of mine who is looking for one . He has homes in Traverse City and southern Cal , chance are he will buy this one . http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/mcy/4657245733.html
The bike and the owner are presently in southern Cal right now so it's a no shipping deal for him .

TheReaper!

#11 ·
I feel the same way , 200 miles or 5000 if it's pristine it's all the same to me , except the price :D . I bought my 06 for 3K with 4K on the clock . I just bought a pristine 05 with 8K on the clock for 3.5K . Both ride and handle like new so those few miles make no difference at all . That said this is a very nice bike and it will eventually sell for a decent price , it might take several months but I'm reasonably sure it will bring decent money .

TheReaper!

#9 ·
That's a good looking bike, if it was spring it probably would sell quickly. Not any of my business but I have to ask. If you've only put less than 200 miles on your 09 why get a new one?

#15 ·
Hang in there. That's a good price. Don't get discouraged by prices you see for non-ABS bikes. It's a different market. Execs are worth at least $1,000 more than non ABS models, and there are people looking for them. I sold a 2102 exec with 10,000 miles for $6400 in June. I don't see much price variance between 09-12.

#12 ·
I think it a bit of a decrease in value if a bike has not been ridden for that many years. 200 miles in four years? It's been ignored, IMHO. Id prefer to see a few K on the clock after that much time, preferably recent.

My 2005 had only 3500 miles when I bought it last year and I was quite leery of the low mileage. But the price was right at $3,300. I still had to change all fluids, including coolant and the battery. Couple hundred dollars there. Some things are time sensitive.

#13 ·
OEM gas. :D

There are problems with a complex piece of machinery that is not used. Seals dry up. Condensation gets in the oil and corrodes machined surfaces.

With 200 miles, the piston rings never fully seated. There's the chance, with corrosion from lack of use, they may not.

The bike is a risk. Brakes, engine, transmission...any of them could fail from age issues before they were fully worn in. Frankly, I'd say Reaper's bid is a fair one.

Mileage is only part of the story on a bike. Odds are that one will need major repairs sooner than one that is immediately broken in properly and used regularly.

#16 ·
Sitting for 5 years in a climate-controlled place is no big deal. Not like sitting 20 years, and as you say, the fluids have all been changed. Your bike is not at the point where seals dry out and other bad stuff happens. Far from it. If I hadn't just bought a 2012 with 700 miles on it, I would be interested.

#17 ·
Well first off, congratulations on the brand-new 2013 - your wife deserves something nice in return. ;)

While I don't blame you for trying to get everything you can out of your 2009, remember that Kelly Blue Book lists it for $4,885 in Excellent condition. But if you're not short on space and can hang on to it until spring or summer, you may very well get $5,500.

I paid too much for mine, but in the end that doesn't matter because I'm happy with it. Hope both you and your buyer will be happy too.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.