Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Deal of the day (Motorcycle/Scooter related)

53K views 181 replies 48 participants last post by  DarisPakar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am going to start this thread out called "deal of the day" , it's for every one to use . Register any bike scooter or not , from Craigslist eBay or what ever that you think is note worthy .

I will start it out with this (dead link)
Hopefully others will follow up .

TheReaper!

#3 ·
Would depend a bit on how long it's been sitting. If it's been sitting a month or so then probably mid rangish depending on miles & conditionals. That assumes KBB is reasonably accurate for that bike in your area.

All fluids are a likely need if it's been sitting more than a few months.
Tires, even if they look good at a glance, are a possible need as well.
Beyond that, belt and rollers are possible, perhaps a valve check as well depending.
All of that weighs into what I'd pay for it objectively, & could potentially bring the price lower than KBB, or make it a no go for me.
Subjectively there's probably some karma in helping out a widow, so maybe bump up a bit for that.

Reactions: BurgyBill
#4 ·
I believe that your opinion is spot on. I think she told me that her husband died about 6 months ago, age 67. The battery did have a charger attached but was unplugged from an outlet.

In reality, I wouldn't pay over about $1400. No doubt it needs all the things you mentioned, maybe more. I'm sure the Burgman has very low mileage. I made a comment about the rear tire looking new, to which she said, "replaced because of a nail". The garage was a little too dark for a good inspection, plus cluttered with ATV's, boats, etc.

Reactions: BurgyBill
#5 ·
Both of the above are perfect bikes for some one just starting out , the likelihood of them dropping it or running into some thing is almost a certainty , so the losses are for them are kept at a minimum .

TheReaper!

#6 ·
I forgot to mention that the 400 had a manufacture date of 2004. Apparently, the 400 was a left over model, bought in Coldwater, MI.

This post has been deleted
#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Basically a NEW 2006 standard , looks real NICE !
TheReaper!

Dead Link
That's a great price on a very low mileage 06 650! Now I wish I would have seen that one first before I bought mine. But that's OK, I got a fine one too. That sure will make a nice ride for someone. Not far from me either, about 35 miles from me. I would go look at it, but too busy on Monday having to go do the title work and insurance on the 650 I just bought. Also Doctor on Monday. I told my brother he ought to get it, he's within a couple of miles of it. But he's scared of anything with two wheels!

#9 ·
A couple of days ago, I visited the Yamaha/Indian dealer near me. He recently took a 2009 Executive in on trade for a new Indian sidecar rig. The white Executive has just 500 miles on the odometer, absolutely like new, original owner. Price was about $4500. However, he thought it may be sold shortly, very interested looker, etc. The Burgman appeared to have original tires, etc. I don't really consider this an exceptional deal, but the low mileage was amazing.

#10 ·
Back in 2010 I bought a 2008 Gold Burgman with 305 miles on it. It was $5100 and the dealer delivered it to my door 150 miles from his 2nd store when doing a parts run to his 1st store near me. A farmer bought it for his wife so she could ride it to the cherry and apple fields but it was too heavy for her. She traded it in for a KL650 with 50 miles on the Burgman. So the dealer rode it for 255 miles. They did not want to sell it but it was winter time and it was taking up snowmobile space at his dealer.

Reactions: E.D. and gec343
#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I wouldn't exactly call this the deal of the day , but I would FOR SURE call it interesting . TheReaper!
A bit, close by and such but would still need fresh tires, probably oil, brake fluid, coolant, a valve check/set soon enough.
It also isn't an exec, & his price is nice but not spectacular.

If it was an exec I might look him up.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Low mileage 06' 650 Exec with a nice aluminum open trailer in Clermont Florida

Here's a Low mileage 06' 650 Exec with a nice aluminum open trailer in Clermont Florida (near Orlando on SR 50).
7K miles, $5k for Bike and Trailer. Has been Garaged. It sounds good to me. Just hook on and take it home!
If I didn't already have an 06', I would be going to look at it.
Cheers!

#16 ·
I like the Mana GT with its computer controlled Vairator but for one thing, it has a Rubber Band belt like a Burgman 400 and at 20,000 miles it needs to be changed. Problem you have is, it takes special tools, you can buy them for $$, and it requires the Factory authorized SCAN tool to reset the computer or it goes in to "RAIN" mode. The cost of a new belt, the tools and reset FEE is about $1200 now. Third belt change will be less as you have the tools.

So buy one new, ride it for 19,000 miles and trade it for a new model, DONE! :wink

#18 ·
How cool is that!!!

You could take both the dog AND the significant other; BOTH at the same time. OR you could be the guy that gets to haul all the beer to the party; of course you take your fee out in kind - a percentage of the stock moved.
:wink

Park that sucker in any Canadian parking lot, and you can plug your c-pap into any one of the block heater outlets. Sure you sleep sitting up in the side car but your legs are fully extended. :smile

Reactions: xringracing
#21 ·
The odometer reading ...

... is 23,100. But the speedometer reads "0 MPH". Wouldn't that imply the 23,100 would be miles and not kilometers. I know that sometimes bikes manufactured for the U.S. market will end through various avenues in Canada. How can you tell for sure if this is 23,100 kilometers or 23,100 miles = 37,690 Kim's"? All other things being equal and the bike runs well, this still seems like a great price to break into the maxi-scooter club.

Needs a windshield. I guess those two lumps on the mirrors are convex mirrors?

Reactions: Zman and BurgyBill
#26 ·
You are correct , I didn't look at all the pictures . Sorry about that . TheReaper!

Reactions: ducati14 and Mochi
#33 ·
On of the good things is Suzuki did not change the CVT housing over the years, much if any. You can take a 2018 Burgman CVT and put it in a 2003 (2002 in Europe) and the 2003's will fit the 2018. The insides have changes a bit but as far as I know the 4 woodwruff keyed 2011 will fit the case of the 2003. That is an upgrade that was a good idea.

Brad (theReaper) will be along shortly.

#34 ·
He said he would be posting it to BUSA but, there is a guy named Ben Meinze in the Maxi-Scooter Owners of America page on FB, advertising his his and hers Burgmans, a black '09 Executive and a black '08 400. Both beautifully and similarly fitted out for touring. I figure a good grand in aftermarket goodies on each, and each having 14,000 miles. $3700 and $2700, respectively. Good prices even for bare bikes. With these farkles, KILLER deals!!! Here's the details, but unless he gets them posted here, a buyer will have to chase him down on FB (or, I would be willing to act as an initial go-between until the parties get each other's contact info).

2009 Burgman 650 Executive
$3,700
Bruceton Mills, WV
2009 Burgman 650 Executive, Black (14,000 miles)
-Clearview XL Tinted Wind Screen w/Vent
-Motorcycle Larry Reservoir Cover w/GPS RAM Mount
-3Brothers Backrest
-Givi E52 Maxia Top Case and E41 Side Cases
-Kiwi Dave's Side Case Racks
-Kuryakyn Black ISO Grips
-Wind Deflectors
-Cup Holder
-Passenger Foot Pegs

2008 Burgman 400
$2,700
Bruceton Mills, WV
2008 Burgman 400, Black (14,000 miles)
-Givi Airflow Windscreen
-Motorcycle Larry Reservoir Cover w/GPS RAM Mount
-Backrest
-Givi 46L Top Case and 40L Side Cases
-Fehlihng Side Case Racks
-Kuryakyn Black ISO Grips
-Wind Deflectors
-Cup Holder

#35 ·
After doing some actual research on prices, I think the add-ons are closer to fifteen hundred for the 650. I'm sure I underestimated those on the 400 as well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.