Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

TRAILERING

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  norsmart 
#1 ·
HAS ANYONE TRAILERED THEIR AN650 BURGMAN? I WOULD LIKE TO PUT THE BURGMAN ON MY TRAILER BUT CAN'T FIGURE OUT A WAY TO STRAP IT DOWN. I OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO SCRACH IT UP. :cry:

#2 ·
Re: Trailering

Ray Anderson said:
Has anyone trailered their AN650 Burgman? I would like to put the Burgman on my trailer but can't figure out a way to strap it down. I obviously don't want to scratch it up.
While I have yet to trailer my AN650, I did trailer my Reflex and despite using padding, ended up rubbing the paint and damaging the finish. The solution I found was plastic paint guards from Aerostitch (see below). They completed protected the paint next time I trailered the 'Flex.

Snider's Paintguard

CAT. NO. 9058 $ 14.00
If you like having shiny paint but always ride hard, try this. The optically clear 7.5 mil thick polished vinyl works as a removable skin to protect your bikes painted finish. Goes on easily and cuts-to-fit wherever needed. Reusable over and over. Applies with only water and a squeegee. Flexible and durable wear and scratch protection. Includes instructions. Three 11" x 15" sheets.

I also use the Paintguards as part of my protection for carrying saddlebags on my big ol' Burgman.

#3 ·
Chock, strap & go

I use a removalable Pingel brand chock to brace the front wheel. Then a tie down the front end against the Pingle using a padded double-end strap that goes on the handle bar ends. I don't know what this strap is called, but it should be available at your local shop. I then place a towel over the seat and put another strap across the seat just for peace of mind. Stop periodically, atleast at first, to check all straps and mounting points.

Keep in mind that compression on the shocks is important to trailer your ride safely. You never want to trailer your scoot on the side or center stand.

Good luck and travel safely.

Ride on.

-Greg

#4 ·
Trailering 650

Trailering mine to get home (Upstate NY) was how I found out how difficult it was to push. With regard to tying it down I used soft ties to the handlebars, ratcheting straps and wrapped towels where they came close to the body - no problems for 75 mile trip. The device that the other fellow was talking about I believe are called "Canyon Dancer" tie downs. I will probably get these in the future, only problem is possibility of bending handlebars .

#5 ·
Tie Down

I just picked up my 650 Burgman and the dealer had a Bar Harness By Cayon Dancer. Thes straps onto then across the grips and has loops to hook your tie downs to. It worked great. Priced around $25 after tax and 20% discount. http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com If you can't get one from your local dealer. Good luck and happy riding!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.