Colorado Biker Wave - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Colorado Biker Wave

My wife and I spent the long weekend in Salida, her in Colorado for some relaxation and visiting hot springs. In case she opted for a massage or snooze or something else that would have me twiddling my thumbs, we loaded up her bike, being smaller than mine and somewhat more convenient to haul. As it turned out, we stayed busy and I never unloaded it. On our return home, still about an hour from the house, I unloaded it and rode it home while she drove the car. The biker wave and whether folks find other riders likely to acknowledge our scooters with has been previously discussed on BUSA. I just wanted to say that here in Colorado, I typically have found a positive action/reaction from others while riding my 400 or 650 Burgy. Still, I was pleasantly surprised to fine the same when riding her 250 Vespa GTS home today
captainfish, Liamjs and BurgyBill like this.

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

Better to have scooted and got lost, than to never have scooted at all.

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:36 AM
Insane Poster

Yeah, they probably don't even notice the difference between the scoots. A scoot is a scoot is a scoot! You either like'em or you don't.
BurgyBill likes this.

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1977 Honda CB 750 Silver
1977 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:14 AM

70 degree temps here in Southeast Missouri seemed to bring out anyone who had a bike this past Sunday. We got tons of "biker waves" but seen from head-on, it's difficult to tell if it's a scooter or not till you're right up on it.
captainfish and BurgyBill like this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Turbo Poster

agreed Brucemi.... here in OK, I tend to get the waves, unless traffic keeps our focus.

Most of the time I get the "under the bar", or the "out the back" type wave. I go bold and do the "up and bold" HOWDY type wave.

am sure that people behind me are thinking I'm making a right turn.... but oh well

Current Owner:
My 2nd 2005 Blue Burgman 650

Previous owner:
1987 Honda Helix
January 2005 Blue Burgman 650
"Blue Lightning"

Photo Gallery:
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Super Poster

Here in Texas its the Two Down wave. That's dropping your left arm down to the left and two fingers out. Pretty much universal here or if they are Harley snobs they just look and you and give you a shake of the head sidewise.. Like as to say NO I would not be caught dead on your scooter....Scooter. That's when I retract one of my two fingers. You can guess which one. By then they are already past, but it makes me feel better.
Spike out
Scooter_Maniac likes this.

Common sense, the least common of the senses.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 08:36 PM
Super Poster

Thumbs up Less is more?

More and more I am trimming back, conserving energy. So now I just roll my left hand off the handle bar into a natural thumb up. Or, if I need two hands, a nod will do.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Insane Poster

I just hit a button on my handle bars that extends a large flag featuring a waving hand from the back end of my scooter. Once they pass, I hit the button again and it retracts the flag.

You can get ANYTHING on Ebay.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 PM

My post from 2012, "I ride my 650 Burgman to work every day that the road is not icy or it is not going to rain "all day".

Sometimes it's raining and sometimes it's 23 degrees F. Some months it's dark.

Yet, in the summer when the weekend shiners get their cruisers out of the garage, put on their hard-ass costumes and ride six miles to the bar, I get snubbed because scooter riders aren't real bikers.

Whatever..........."
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeersjam View Post
My post from 2012, "I ride my 650 Burgman to work every day that the road is not icy or it is not going to rain "all day".
Hey, don't be a poser. What difference does it make if it is raining "all day" when you're only going to and from work? You're only riding in the rain PART of the day (:
Scooter_Maniac likes this.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGuy View Post
I just hit a button on my handle bars that extends a large flag featuring a waving hand from the back end of my scooter. Once they pass, I hit the button again and it retracts the flag.

You can get ANYTHING on Ebay.
You don't know how many times I've threatened to get one of those. I ignore passing/waving motorcyclists most of the time.

2008 650 Executive 'Darksided' on 5/17/2013 - Federal FORMOZA FD1 165/60R14 75H BSW

Givi 46L Standard Top Box
Clearview Large Shield with Vent

Avatar - 1969 Kawasaki H1 500cc triple - Yup - used to have one!

Riding MC's since 1965

Cages: 1971 Karmann Ghia - 2012 Nissan Leaf SL - 2006 Buick LaCrosse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.