Inviting riders, June 10-18, 2017 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Inviting riders, June 10-18, 2017

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!
I am planning a road trip, to start and end in Grand Junction, Colorado, tentatively set for June 10-18 to places to be determined and, am herewith inviting fellow maxi scooterists to ask to join me on this epic journey. As the 18th is Fathers Day, We may get back on the 17th in consideration of that and, to allow out of town riders Sunday to get home). Total distance likely to be 1500-2000 miles. Bikes and riders must be willing and able to travel straight as well as twisty roads, with an emphasis on twisty, at all potential elevations, in all potential weather conditions, at (or perhaps, just slightly above) posted speed limits and, wear appropriate protective gear including helmet, leather or otherwise armored jacket, pants/chaps and gloves, adhere to established group riding protocol, while immersed in breathtaking beauty. This trip will be both about the ride and stops. There could be a 500 mile day and, could be a layover to enjoy something a place has to offer.

This will be MY trip, with me making all final decisions regarding destinations and route (with strong consideration to given suggestions) and even who will ultimately get to go. Limited to eight bikes in addition to me and Dena, first come, first accepted, PROVIDED I feel rider and bike qualify, based on information you provide me in a private message. Include, at a minimum the bike to be ridden, your riding experience (years, miles and, types of roads - 2,000 miles over 20 years on city streets ain't gonna cut it and, if you plan to have a pillion rider, similar information for you AND your passenger, specifically as it regards riding two-up), medical conditions to be considered (I don't care if you have well controlled high blood pressure...I DO care if you've had a heart attack for example and which, would not automatically remove one from consideration but, would warrant further discussion.), medical training/experience and, anything else you feel pertinent. I will ultimately not invite those I don't feel qualified, as I want everyone to be safe. If there are more qualified responders than slots, for those that wish I will put them on a back-up list in case someone has to drop out. Politics and religion WILL NOT be discussed on this trip so, if you can't keep your views to yourself for a week, don't even apply.

I am planning on a mix of camping (For those without gear, others may be able to help out so, don't let that hold you back provided, you're willing to camp), hotels and if available, hostels and other offerings of hospitality. Those interested should first ensure they can clear their calendar for the dates given, clear it with their significant others (whether they will be going or not) and, drop me a line ASAP. I would like to have a group put together and start planning by the end of February.

From this day, the anticipation builds!

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

Better to have scooted and got lost, than to never have scooted at all.

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Super Poster

I'm free. White and over 60... You have got this Texan interested in your trip. I will be riding a 650 Burgman and I love scooter camping. Please add me to the list of possibles.
Spike out.

Common sense, the least common of the senses.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 07:11 PM
Super Poster

Garage
Hey Scooter_Maniac,

I'd love to join you guys.

Stock Burgmans scare me........

Givi V46 Tech top case with Givi quick release brake light kit, backrest and interior lighting kit, with an Admore tail/brake light.
Admore Bark Buster running/turn signal LED strips on front faring.
Kiwi Dave side case racks with Givi E21 cases and Admore universal bi-color side case kit.
Clearview XL, tinted and vented windshield. Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda. Kaoko throttle lock. Bestbackrests.com backrest.
Admore large tinted smt led light bar. RAM GPS mount for Tomtom XXL. Oznium turn signal reminders. Stebel Air Horn. OPT7 Fluxbeam LED headlight bulbs. K&N Air Filter.
Dryspec Tool Tube mounted on left side case rack. Denali DM Micro Lights mounted on the front fender.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaber5150 View Post
Hey Scooter_Maniac,

I'd love to join you guys.
PM sent

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

PM sent.

TRAVEL STOP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_Maniac View Post
PM sent

Odd, I'm not seeing any PMs. Did you get the PM I sent you at 6:07pm?

Givi V46 Tech top case with Givi quick release brake light kit, backrest and interior lighting kit, with an Admore tail/brake light.
Kiwi Dave side case racks with Givi E21 cases and Admore universal bi-color side case kit.
Clearview XL, tinted and vented windshield. Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda. Kaoko throttle lock. Bestbackrests.com backrest.
Admore large tinted smt led light bar. RAM GPS mount for Tomtom XXL. Oznium turn signal reminders. Stebel Air Horn. OPT7 Fluxbeam LED headlight bulbs. K&N Air Filter.
Dryspec Tool Tube mounted on left side case rack. Denali DM Micro Lights mounted on the front fender.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Super Poster

Garage
NM, got your reply to my PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.