Eastern Canada and New England - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By SumoServices
  • 2 Post By El Jefe

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada in winter. Southwest Quebec in summer
Eastern Canada and New England

Just finished a two week eastern Canada and New England trip. Four provinces and four states. In Canada we followed Quebec Highway 132 along the St. Lawrence River, then to the Saint John River Valley all through New Brunswick, then to the Sunrise Trail through Nova Scotia, then the famed Cabot Trail, then the Nova Scotia Lighthouse and Annapolis Valley Routes, took the ferry from Digby NS to Saint John, and the across the hills in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont andnorthern New York. Riding partner was on a BMW 1200. Only one day of rain, the rest sunny and warm. Total 4800 kilometres. Great trip, lots of twisties and hills, beautiful scenery, and some very nice fellow travellers. 650 worked like a charm, no problem keeping up on highways or mountains. Now to figure out a Fall trip.
John Holbrook and Blacktruck like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:23 AM

Nicely done! That looks like a great trip. My riding buddy is on a Ducate MultiStrada (however you spell it) and I manage to keep up just fine on the 650. And even though he can beat me off the line and is much more capable of high speed passing, I think my keester is a bit more comfortable than his on a long ride. We are planning a trip up to and around BC in September. Will be my first big one. Can't wait. Your ride gives me inspiration.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blacktruck
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoServices View Post
Just finished a two week eastern Canada and New England trip. Four provinces and four states. In Canada we followed Quebec Highway 132 along the St. Lawrence River, then to the Saint John River Valley all through New Brunswick, then to the Sunrise Trail through Nova Scotia, then the famed Cabot Trail, then the Nova Scotia Lighthouse and Annapolis Valley Routes, took the ferry from Digby NS to Saint John, and the across the hills in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont andnorthern New York. Riding partner was on a BMW 1200. Only one day of rain, the rest sunny and warm. Total 4800 kilometres. Great trip, lots of twisties and hills, beautiful scenery, and some very nice fellow travellers. 650 worked like a charm, no problem keeping up on highways or mountains. Now to figure out a Fall trip.
That looks like an awesome trip. I've traveled that way a bit commercially over the years. My goal is two wheels. Glad you had a great time and the 650 did well.
Post some pics of the trip. I'm sure there are a few more here that would like to see them.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 04:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blacktruck
Please do post some pics of your ride. I've wanted to travel that area for years. I'm a little concerned about fuel range but maybe that's not an issue so much.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07$Blacktruck View Post
Please do post some pics of your ride. I've wanted to travel that area for years. I'm a little concerned about fuel range but maybe that's not an issue so much.
Range isn't an issue. Just need to carry some extra gas (:

This picture is at the start of the eastern-end of the Trans-Labrador "Highway".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 02-08-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.