Moldova - Finland (~6000km) 2-up run on B400 - anyone wanna meet? - Page 4 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyrhei View Post
"Postcard" to my american friends from finish aviation museum. Who will guess type of this WW2 Fighter?
Looks like an early Fokker D-21.

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Insane Poster

Wow! This entire trip and all your pictures are so amazing! I wish I could do something like what you did. I don't have much stamina anymore, but you inspire me! I could only do it in fair weather and take my time.

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1977 Honda CB 750 Silver
1977 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolzen View Post
Looks like an early Fokker D-21.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Insane Poster

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. View Post
Wow! This entire trip and all your pictures are so amazing! I wish I could do something like what you did. I don't have much stamina anymore, but you inspire me! I could only do it in fair weather and take my time.
I believe you have interesting things to see in your area. Also, I guess in US it's much easier to travel to other states because you have highways, so you don't need to spend so much time on local roads to get to interesting city / area. Anyway, let your inspiration go next spring / summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtek_pl View Post
I know. As everywhere, in Poland too, You can meet people and stools. Sorry for bad encounter with the latter. People tend to generalize: You speak Russian --> You are Russian --> We don't like You. This is not my point of view.

Yes, Burgmania is in Poland. I'm new to the Burgman society here, just made A -license in August and bought B400 this July. I'll try to join Burgmania 2017 , but no promises. If You want, I can keep You updated on the event.

Anyway, really nice trip and nice pictures. I hope some day I'll be brave enough to travel on my Burgman and see interesting places. So far, for long trips I prefer a car.
But there is a brand new season next year.

Burg is nice for travelling, also you have good roads and sights not so far from you! Tatra's in Slovakia, for example.

Next year I'm planning to ride Transalpina in Romania and then go to Prague. If you'll be somewhere close - we can meet up

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:52 AM

Location: Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Planet Earth, Solar System, etc...
Garage
I think I sent You PM about Burgmania 2017. It's June 2 - 4 2017 ( http://forum.burgmania.net/topic/249...nia-2-4062017/ sorry, in Polish only). Though I don't see it in my "Sent messages" folder.

I got a crazy idea to go and visit Etna volcano on Sicily. June 3 -18 using Burgman and a tent. It's a plan only. First I have to verify if I can sit on a scooter through 600km highway ride per day, second if I get bored to death with it.

Regards
Wojtek
Suzuki Burgman AN400ZA 2012
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Super Poster

uh, looks like great fun but neither of my Burgman's can swim. Safe travels!

Sirkitrider
Foxyrhei likes this.

John 3:16
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
I think I sent You PM about Burgmania 2017. It's June 2 - 4 2017 ( http://forum.burgmania.net/topic/249...nia-2-4062017/ sorry, in Polish only). Though I don't see it in my "Sent messages" folder.

I got a crazy idea to go and visit Etna volcano on Sicily. June 3 -18 using Burgman and a tent. It's a plan only. First I have to verify if I can sit on a scooter through 600km highway ride per day, second if I get bored to death with it.
Hello Wojtek,

Yeah, I've got your message, not sure if you get my answer! Let me post it here:
'Aaaaaaaa (
I've got vacation 13-28 May and will be in Prague on a bike (
But 29 of May I need be in office (((

Do you know if next year party will happen at same dates?'

Here is another topic for my upcoming plans: Eastern Europe: MD-RO-HU-SK-CZE and back in May

Regarding your plan to visit Etna, I think it's a great idea! Also you will need to equip yourself and bike good. I suggest to buy Airhawk seat pad for long ride, also get some music to your helmet.

If you want to avoid highways, you can go south: Poland -> Slovakia -> Hungary -> Romania -> Bolgaria -> Greece and look for a ferry from Greece to Sicily.

Also if you have any chance to shift your dates earlier, maybe we can meet somewhere in Europe
Dave_J likes this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 11:09 AM

Location: Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Planet Earth, Solar System, etc...
Garage
No PM from You. Strange.

Anyway, highways are unavoidable if I want to do the round trip in two weeks. It's something like 6000 km...
And I have "MOTORCYCLE COMFORT SEAT PAD". Not used it yet, though.

There is a BT communication for my helmet but it's crazy expensive. Maybe I'll look for something cheaper but I don't know if it will fit inside a helmet.

Regards
Wojtek
Suzuki Burgman AN400ZA 2012
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
No PM from You. Strange.

Anyway, highways are unavoidable if I want to do the round trip in two weeks. It's something like 6000 km...
And I have "MOTORCYCLE COMFORT SEAT PAD". Not used it yet, though.

There is a BT communication for my helmet but it's crazy expensive. Maybe I'll look for something cheaper but I don't know if it will fit inside a helmet.
6000 Km is almost my distance last year, ouch! But you can go through alps and nice views
Also my advice - good rain gear is must for any long distance touring. Hope you'll post some pics / report once you start your journey! Also, will you be alone or with group of riders?

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.