Moldova - Finland (~6000km) 2-up run on B400 - anyone wanna meet? - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Super Poster

Whoa! The front tires on (the photo of) the Burgmans at the gas station look nothing like the one on my 2008.

Are those car tires?

Let me ride 'til I croak.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati14 View Post
Yo Foxyrei, So how many border crossings did you make on your trip? Is it not a big problem? Do you need a visa for each country or just a passport?

Your route map looks very interesting. And someone rode from Vladivostok to Rome!!! Far out!
Yo man!
Actually I crossed 2 borders: Moldova - Romania and Romania - Hungary on my way to Finland and back where I used to have passport and customs control. There are no borders inside Schengen zone, so you just passing it without stop.

I don't need visa to cross EU, however the only issue is that on Moldova-Romania border you can easily stay 3-4 hours in a row with cars, waiting for your queue

We had OEM Burgman tyres on both 400 and 650 on that photo - Bridgestone Hoop
E.D. likes this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyrhei View Post
however the only issue is that on Moldova-Romania border you can easily stay 3-4 hours in a row with cars, waiting for your queue
Can't you just filter the traffic? ;

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolzen View Post
Can't you just filter the traffic? ;
Yes, but there is a chance that customs workers will send you to the tail of queue (it happened with me once on ukrainian border)

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Insane Poster

They won't if you grease the appropriate part.

Last true 400.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Insane Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolzen View Post
They won't if you grease the appropriate part.
LOL. if we ride together in the US wanna see you do that in the US border and take it on video. LOL
jeff_MDR likes this.

| GIVI AF266 | Denali D2| BreakAway C.C | Pillion Backrest | Sena SMH10 | Gerbings T5 & Jacket | Fehling Racks | Givi E21 | AirHawk 2 | Fender Extender | MCL Reservoir Cover | K&N Air Filter | Stebel Nautilus Horn | Zumo 350 | Drift HD Ghost |
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Insane Poster

Garage
amazing ride @Foxyrhei congratulations. you need to share some more pics with us to see all the whereabouts of your trip! ride on my friend.

| GIVI AF266 | Denali D2| BreakAway C.C | Pillion Backrest | Sena SMH10 | Gerbings T5 & Jacket | Fehling Racks | Givi E21 | AirHawk 2 | Fender Extender | MCL Reservoir Cover | K&N Air Filter | Stebel Nautilus Horn | Zumo 350 | Drift HD Ghost |
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
LOL. if we ride together in the US wanna see you do that in the US border and take it on video. LOL
In the States different policies apply. Your start doing . The whole country was conquered with this some time ago.
fernando likes this.

Last true 400.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
amazing ride @Foxyrhei congratulations. you need to share some more pics with us to see all the whereabouts of your trip! ride on my friend.
Thanks @fernando , I was inspired by your videos, especially route to MotoGP Argentina

Here is small gallery from my Trip to Finland: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0X5oqs3qXUxLL

I was riding to my friend in Finland and I combined meeting with Kory @Colchicine and Tibi @tibosee from Bucharest

It took me 6 days to get to Tampere (5 of them were riding 12-16 hours under the rain)
Way back took me 5 days including 1 day of staying in Riga and with much better weather.

My plans screwed up with reality, so I used to cancel all my bookings on a third day and just ride as much as I can and at 8 PM each day book a hotel on a gas station via mobile bbooking.com and then check-in.

Also I was staying for a first time in a "biker" hotel "Two wheels" in Riga. Really nice place, but expensive.

During this trip I've discovered few things about european trips and trips on a bike in general:
- 200 km doesn't take you 2 hours to ride. Even 2.5 except it's not a highway. In western europe most roads are local with really heavy traffic and lots of villages with 50 km/h speed limit
- Riding 12-16 hours is sucks.
- AirHawk worth it's money for sure
- Better ride without saddlebags in western europe
- Poland sucks
- It's really worth involving your passenger to trip planning. Also in such trips is really hard to stay calm and avoid conflicts with your passenger
- Intercom is must have feature in such trips
- Termoscud really worth buying it
- I was riding in temperatures from +30 to +10 during this trip. Good rain gear - must. Good thermal gear is also must
- Zumo GPS is great thing even when I forgot to load my route to it. I was using cellular only as backup option, but Zumo worth buying it, it simply works in any weather with no stress
- Speeding in Europe is F%cking expensive
- you can do 2-up touring in Europe on Burgman 400
- Fully loaded top speed during truck pass was 140-150 km/h. Highway speed - 120. All other roads - up to 100 km/h
- Metzeller Feel Free on rear is good during all conditions, including wet mountain twisties with sand, wet tram rails and wet paving stones
- Is it possible to fall asleep riding bike. Not only for passenger, but even for rider
- I will never want to ride ever again 100 km/h on twisties in a romanian forest at night with no signs, no markup, no traffic, no gas stations for a few hours. Just you, start and small light from GPS
- I want Denalis D2
- 3/4 is not best helmet for such long trips
- ear plugs is good thing probably, but test them before your trip. After few hours it's REALLY painful to get helmet off from your head
- B400 L5 consumed ~ 300 ml of oil during this trip, so 0.5 l of oil is must have to carry
- B400 can ride 7500+ rpms for hours no stress, I confirm. But it start consuming oil on that RPM's
- Average consumption for me including mountain passes and high ways fully loaded and with 16 Pulleys was .... 3.9L/100 km!
- I will never do such trip again, but I want more

Feel free to ask your questions

fernando and E.D. like this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

Last edited by Foxyrhei; 10-06-2016 at 06:26 AM.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Route to Finland: https://goo.gl/maps/yfxy7jU7kcp

Route back: https://goo.gl/maps/bNzp1rC1ANn
fernando and E.D. like this.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.