August Trip - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Turbo Poster

Sorry I haven't replied earlier...Up on the Mesa with grandkids the past week. Speaking of the Mesa, with the route you are taking, that would be my one suggestion if, it does not make too long a day for you. Instead of 50 from Delta to Grand Junction which, is not as scenic as much off the other stuff around and, can be quite windy, consider 65 over the Grand Mesa. Once up there, you will experience temps about 25 degrees cooler than the lower elevations as you cross the top. In the town of Mesa is a little sandwich shop called Blink which is good. Again, I understand if you can't take this route due to time.

If you like wheat beer, many places carry Dirty Hippie, a local dark wheat brew which is my "go to" beer around here. I wanted to be sure not to leave out the important stuff. Keep posting as your travels bring you close and, maybe we can ride together a bit.
mverps likes this.

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

Better to have scooted and got lost, than to never have scooted at all.

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Thanks Scooter_Maniac, I am headed to the map right now.

Mike
2013 Burgman 400ABS
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Well, after playing with maps routes and already made reservations I think I will have to miss the Grand Mesa this year. Looks like I need to plan a trip for next year. Maybe do your Scooter tour next year Scooter_Maniac. It looks to be a good time. There is so much to see and do in Colorado next year will be just to Colorado for a 2 to 3 weeks.
Scooter_Maniac likes this.

Mike
2013 Burgman 400ABS

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 12:42 AM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mverps View Post
Well, after playing with maps routes and already made reservations I think I will have to miss the Grand Mesa this year. Looks like I need to plan a trip for next year. Maybe do your Scooter tour next year Scooter_Maniac. It looks to be a good time. There is so much to see and do in Colorado next year will be just to Colorado for a 2 to 3 weeks.
I thought that would probable make too long a day but, planning an extended trip here can be nothing but good. Hope to see you at The Gathering, next year then.
mverps likes this.

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 11:42 AM

Garage
I just returned from a Yellowstone trip. Be prepared for cooler days in Yellowstone with the 7K to 8K altitudes. Not sure if August will be any warmer than July. Sounds like an awesome trip!
mverps likes this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Thanks everyone for your responses. Tomorrow is pack it and get ready day. One thing I have figured out thanks to Scooter_Maniac is Colorado needs to be a trip all in itself. So plan now is next years trip will be just Colorado. Actually I think I will do a couple rides next year, there is just way too much stuff to see and do. I will try and post on my trip depending on Wi-Fi and time.

Mike
2013 Burgman 400ABS
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Turbo Poster

Next year's dates aren't posted yet but, as soon as they are determined I'll post on when The Gathering will be in Grand Junction. This year's is in two weeks and looks to be a great time. I'll be leading the maxi scoots on a ride that will take in some of what you will be missing.
mverps likes this.

TRAVEL STOP
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Insane Poster

Whatever you do don't come south of Springerville in Arizona..........very very hot. And monsoon rains are popping up now which can make for some dangerous riding across Arizona and N Mexico. If you see the sky totally black you are best to wait it out rather than riding through it.......shouldn't be too long.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 04:28 PM

I have a suggestion for a great app that will help you plan out and plot your course if you need it also.

inRoute Route Planner. It's free for the basic app but if you get the $12 upgrade you will be able to put in waypoints that will help plot out your course better.

It's well worth it if you are good at pushing buttons. I just took a ride from Lakewood, CO to Granby and around that area this last week and have video footage I am having to go back and edit over the next week. I will be posting that up on Vimeo of our trip.

Check it out as it is in the App Store and also on Android if you are on that.

Ross
mverps likes this.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
Home in Willcox. AZ as of yesterday afternoon. My trip was full of great scenery, mixed weather, sunshine, rain, sleet and hail. Trip started on Aug 3rd and ended on Aug 18th. for a total of 16 days. I rode a total of 3685 miles, burned 62.47 gallons of gas for an average of 54.19 mpg.
I visited with many old friends and family, met some new friends and had a great time.
Highlight of my trip was seeing Old Faithful blow.

Mike
2013 Burgman 400ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.