Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring 2015 Southeast Ohio gathering

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
In talking to Sean (Tech Art Guy) he has been wanting to host some kind of ride near the Hocking Hills area. Since it is a bit late to look at something this fall, I am going to work with him to put together something for the spring. Probably late April or early May, before the other more established rides take place. Hocking Hills State park is about 15 miles southwest of Logan, Ohio. Probably would be looking to have a Friday afternoon ride and 2 Saturday rides.

Just checking for interest as we will probably go out next month and search for routes.

#5 ·
Based on the number of riders in the northeastern Ohio, WV, NC, and PA areas, it should be a decent gathering. I only got to go to New Holland in 2012 and it was a great time. Hopefully we can be that well prepared and just have some good fellowship with other riders. We all would like to do something real soon, but hopefully with enough time to plan it out, it would be a good time.

#6 ·
I live in COlumbus

Would be interesting - we have never been to any gatherings or even ride in groups.

But we ride down to the Hocking Hills a good bit.

We (my folks) built a Log Cabin outside of Laurelville, OH on a road that goes on down to Rt 374.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the tentative "Yes's". We will definately be putting something together for the spring of next year. Due to this being our first time putting it all together, we would appreciate any suggestions and/or tips some of you might have. Basically, it is a stand around and talk about Burgmans weekend with some riding and food thrown in.

We would have liked to do one this fall, but things did not clear up until recently to get the planning done. Hope to see all of you there.

#18 ·
2015 Meetup in Ohio

Thanks for all the tentative "Yes's". We will definately be putting something together for the spring of next year. Due to this being our first time putting it all together, we would appreciate any suggestions and/or tips some of you might have. Basically, it is a stand around and talk about Burgmans weekend with some riding and food thrown in.

Waiting with anticipation for info on this meet-up. I hope you can give us some advance info. as to possible dates, so we can adjust our calendar accordingly. We have Seven Multi day Trips already planned for this summer, and would Hate to have any conflict with this ride
Please list the actual meet-up location so we can look for and schedule our Motels for our stay.

Charles (motorpap1)

#11 ·
Vdub,

I bought my Burgy from a guy that works up at Findlay University. He works at the horse program.

#12 ·
This weekend myself and Sean will be going out to check out the roads. We will also be scouting out restaurants and lodging. Hard to believe it is only about 6 months away.

#15 ·
Trying to get things figured out. The plan would be to have a 1 ride Friday afternoon, and 2 on Saturday. There would be no problem with anyone who wants to hang out and do their own rides or just one or two. In the end, I'm hoping that we can all just get together and have a nice weekend. Hope to have a website for it before the New Year's.

#17 ·
I went over some of the suggested routes. There was some very nice roads with a lot of curves. Still a lot of planning to do, but I am excited. South of Lancaster, it's mostly small towns, so getting around is not a problem. Roads all seem to be in good shape. Only ran into one patch of gravel and it was very small. That being said, it is fall and in spring it will be the beginning of construction season. Good part is not too much construction going on in this area.

#19 ·
I have not posted any updates as I was not sure this would happen. The first one is always the hardest.

Sean and myself will be going there on Saturday to finalize everything. At that point we will set everything in stone. Unofficially, we will be shooting for April 24, 25, & 26th.

#20 ·
Hey everyone, back from said digital hibernation. We looked around hawking hills yesterday and got the information from the local hotels as far as events going on around the proposed dates and it is settled that the ride will be held on the weekend of April 24-26. The routes are still to be finalized and digitized for route packs but maybe to ride up Saturday morning to Zanesville out of Logan to run rt.555 down to rt.7 on the river and head back. Friday still looking at the options, more to come soon.

#22 ·
Luckily this weekend (April 24-26) works out for the gathering. It appears the weekend before and the weekends for the next month after are not good options.

Hopefully by this coming weekend we will have a webpage to explain all the details.

The 26th will be Sunday. We do not expect to do any organized riding as most will be heading back home. The plan would be to have breakfast for those that want and then head back home.

#24 ·
Scotty,

The plan is to do a shorter Friday afternoon ride, from 1-5pm, roughly. Saturday we will be doing the 555 (Triple Nickel) which will take all day. If Saturday is the only option, that would be fine. Hopefully, we locked in the dates in time for everyone to make adjustments at work.

We will be answering the questions as we go, but will try to get a complete rundown by the weekend.

#25 ·
Cary;

Have you talked to any local Hotel/Motels for Possible discount for a quantity of Rooms? I will need Fri. and Sat.and depending on weather Etc. maybe Thurs. I think it would be nice if the group would be able to stay together at the same Lodging. I am sure looking forward to this gathering :blob3:
Just a thought.
Charles

#26 ·
Yes, since you asked I will post it now. We will have a full page website dedicated to this completed this weekend.

The best hotel rate in Logan was at the Baymont Inn and Suites. $99/night
You will need to call the hotel directly to get the rate. It is listed under the BURGMAN SCOOTER GROUP. The manager and her husband are members of the Easy Peasy Scooter Club out of Columbus, so she knows about Burgmans.

While this rate may appear high, the Holiday Inn was $150 a night.

Again, we will get a page ready so you don't have to search the entire thread for the info.

Cary

#27 ·
Why oh why was this never posted to the Silverwing600 forum until today, March 3rd? I'm sure that there are/were several Silverwing and MASR refugees who would have looked forward to joining this gathering, but with such a late notice it's **** difficult to change previous commitments.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.