New Holland Fall rally - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Poster

Default New Holland Fall rally

I have been searching for the Fall New Holland rally thread, but to no avail.

Is there or was there a problem? Just wondering. I certainly hope all is well in that area.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Poster

Default Re: New Holland Fall rally

Hey Hazard...

Sent you a PM

"Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds."

- Albert Einstein
delburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
I have been searching for the Fall New Holland rally thread, but to no avail.

Is there or was there a problem? Just wondering. I certainly hope all is well in that area.
Jim:

Perhaps the administrators decided we were getting to far off the subject of the fall Rally. I am involved in several charitable endeavors. If the cause for elliminating the fall rally forum was due to my posting for help from friends and fellow ridersr concerning aid to disabled veterans, I appologize. I am involved in several charitable causes, one of which is the plight of veterans.

My reasoning for "pushing" this charitable project on our rally discussion forum is precisely because many vets ride each Spring and Fall in this rally, some disabled. My intention from the beginning was to keep it semi private. That is, limit it to my friends and "family" whom I have ridden with for several years i.e. the Mid Atlantic Rally disccussion rather than a general post. Perhaps the adminstration on this forum have forgotten that most of us on the Mid Atlantic Rally discussion have ridden together for years and "see" each other as family. Who better to ask for help than from family?

if this is the reason for eliminating the discussion, I must disagree with the Burgman Site admistration. If not, I for one would also like to know the reason why the discussion was eliminated.

Your good friend and fellow rider,

Vince
cahoonzie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Poster

Hazard,
Got a question for you. Check your inbox for my PM
I've Seen The Light.. Bachman & Turner
aka Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Poster

As rally organizer, for whatever reason it may have been,I would have like the Rally Details, the first post to have remained for review by newcomers and others who might be interested in attending future rallies.

Oh, and that would be : The Midatlantic Scooter Rally!

Rally Host/Ride Captain
Greg
J&M Integrator Intercom w/following items audible into the helmet headsets:
Magellan Roadmate 2200T GPS, IPod Nano, Radar w/weather alert, Sirus Sat. radio
LG Optimus W/Voice activated GPS & MP3, Motorola GMRS/FRS Radio
KaraokeGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraokeGreg
As rally organizer, for whatever reason it may have been,I would have like the Rally Details, the first post to have remained for review by newcomers and others who might be interested in attending future rallies.

Oh, and that would be : The Midatlantic Scooter Rally!

Rally Host/Ride Captain
Greg

Greg
I guess that when the spring MASR is posted you will have to play up the past history of the rides and refer to the Photos section of the MASR Site.

Personally I liked having the past posts to refer back too on occation...

- Albert Einstein
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Poster

Greg & Jim:

I agree with you. The Administration should have taken surgical steps to discard posts they deem not appropriate, including mine. I might disagree but have no problem with this and would respect their decision. However, eliminating the entire discussion does not seem reasonable. On the other hand, we should not lay blame on the administration purse. This could have been an honest mistake, the result of pressure brought on by outside objections or even the result of a programming situation.

Best,

Vince
Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahoonzie
Greg & Jim:

I agree with you. The Administration should have taken surgical steps to discard posts they deem not appropriate, including mine. I might disagree but have no problem with this and would respect their decision. However, eliminating the entire discussion does not seem reasonable. On the other hand, we should not lay blame on the administration purse. This could have been an honest mistake, the result of pressure brought on by outside objections or even the result of a programming situation.

Best,

Vince
Vince

What have YOU done NOW??????????

- Albert Einstein
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by delburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahoonzie
Greg & Jim:

What have YOU done NOW??????????
Jim:

Now that's a **** of a question. When was the last time you beat your wife? - Kidding. Actually, I look to myself first. My thought is that I took the post too far outside its limits in pushing help for disabled vets. My second thought is that I may have pushed some fun diatribe with Paul Boomer too far for the administration. Paul knows it is in fun - I think. Hey Paul, put on your big boy pants and suck it up - kidding. Words are nothing more than just that. Ouch, I know I am in trouble on the Spring ride lol.

In either event, the Burgman administration owes Greg an explanation. Then again what did you post Delburg that got the post eliminated? lol. Seriously, let's hope the administration comes up with an explanation and the post gets reinstated.

Best,

Vince
Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Poster

Vince,

I appreciate your concern for reinstating the post, though I am sure we will all get by without it.

There will be a new post with the spring rally dates coming in the next few days anyway with the details to follow.

Joking aside, we must all remember that using this great forum to post messages on to converse back and forth with one another, is not a right, but a privilege to which I am certain we are all thankful to the owner of this web site Bryan aka Greengoose and all the Moderators who volunteer their time for.
Had it not been for this forum I and many others would not have been fortunate enough to have met and shared so many wonderful times with so many great friends.

With continued gratitude,
your Mid Atlantic scooter Rally Host/Ride Captain
Greg
J&M Integrator Intercom w/following items audible into the helmet headsets:
Magellan Roadmate 2200T GPS, IPod Nano, Radar w/weather alert, Sirus Sat. radio
LG Optimus W/Voice activated GPS & MP3, Motorola GMRS/FRS Radio
KaraokeGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.