2016 Blue Ribbon Kings/High Desert Scooterists Gathering - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

2016 Blue Ribbon Kings/High Desert Scooterists Gathering

We're coming up on this year's Gathering, here in Grand Junction, Colorado. I remember a couple of Texas Burgman riders almost made it last year but had to drop out right before the event. Like last year, my place (The Scooter Sanctuary) will serve as the group campsite for those bring tents or RV's (no hookups except one spoken for) and, the central gathering point for all attendees for several meals, ride starts and , campfires. Registration is $35 and covers several meals, tee shirts (if registered by July 6), drinks, patch, rally bag and, entrance fee to Colorado National Monument.

There will be several ride offerings to accommodate different bike capabilities. I'll be leading the maxi ride which will take up a good part of a day. This link is to the event information page which itself, has a link to the registration. We have had 40+ bikes from half a dozen state in the past and, I expect the numbers to be higher this year.

Hope to see some of y'all there (here)!

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

Better to have scooted and got lost, than to never have scooted at all.

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 01:02 AM

Garage
dates for rally

I don't see any dates for the event, I'm in Kansas so might be interested.

2006 650 Burgman - riding in comfort
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100- traded for Burgman
2006 Kawasaki 750 Vulcan-sold
1998 Suzuki 800 Marauder- sold
A 750 sport bike MANY years ago- sold
Two Honda 250 Elite Scooters- sold
1980? Honda Silverwing(half-sized Gold Wing) sold
1975 Suzuki TM 100- Motocross racing fun-
1973 Rupp mini - bike - where it all started
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb1963 View Post
I don't see any dates for the event, I'm in Kansas so might be interested.
Oops!. Thanks for that. The Gathering is August 12-14.

Friday the 12th is just an arrival, set up day, with a BBQ dinner at one of the other member's house. I think that is the only group meal not at our place. If anyone wants to arrive a day or two early to rest up from travels and/or get in extra riding in (there's plenty to experience), I'm okay with that. I'd just like to have an idea in advance as to who expect and when. There will be a port-o-potty and, access to house water via hose faucet for filling (not full-time hookup)

Darksided AN400 in Lightning Fast White •*GIVI Airflow •Side deflectors • Bestem 929 top case • 19g Dr Pulley Slider Weights • Puppies • Backrest, tunnel bag and top case mods by self

'08 650 • Clearview with vent • Kuryakyn grips • GIVI V46 top case and E21 side cases • McCruise cruise control

TRAVEL STOP
Add your Travel Stops, Road/Route Comments and, Recommended Places to the Travel Stops map!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Scooter I sent you a question via PM.

Stock Burgmans scare me........

2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
Givi V46 Tech top case with Givi quick release brake light kit, backrest and interior lighting kit, with an Admore tail/brake light.
Admore Bark Buster running/turn signal LED strips on front faring.
Kiwi Dave side case racks with Givi E21 cases and Admore universal bi-color side case kit.
Clearview XL, tinted and vented windshield. Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda. Kaoko throttle lock. Bestbackrests.com backrest. Airhawk 2.
Admore large tinted smt led light bar. RAM GPS mount for Tomtom XXL. Oznium turn signal reminders. Stebel Air Horn. OPT7 Fluxbeam LED headlight bulbs. K&N Air Filter.
Dryspec Tool Tube mounted on left side case rack. Denali DM Micro Lights mounted on the front fender.
Helmet Hook
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 10:52 PM

Garage
Scooter - I will be at a church seminar in Colorado Springs until Saturday the 13th. The seminar ends at 10:00 AM SO I could potentially be there Saturday evening. Just wondering How much is planned on Sunday so I can decide if it would be worth making the trip, thanks

2006 650 Burgman - riding in comfort
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100- traded for Burgman
2006 Kawasaki 750 Vulcan-sold
1998 Suzuki 800 Marauder- sold
A 750 sport bike MANY years ago- sold
Two Honda 250 Elite Scooters- sold
1980? Honda Silverwing(half-sized Gold Wing) sold
1975 Suzuki TM 100- Motocross racing fun-
1973 Rupp mini - bike - where it all started
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb1963 View Post
Scooter - I will be at a church seminar in Colorado Springs until Saturday the 13th. The seminar ends at 10:00 AM SO I could potentially be there Saturday evening. Just wondering How much is planned on Sunday so I can decide if it would be worth making the trip, thanks
There will be an evening meal and campfire Saturday and Sunday breakfast at the Scooter Sanctuary. After breakfast, there will be an all-scoot group ride through the Colorado National Monument. I'm not sure if there is a group lunch or, if everyone is on their own for that one. You're welcome to stay an extra night or two if you want to do some extra riding on your own. I don't mind the extra stay. After all, I do list my place as a Travel Stop and am glad for folks to take advantage of it.

I'll be leading the maxi scoots onto the Grand Mesa and, I'm pretty sure to Rifle Falls. If you get out pronto, we may even be able to meet up somewhere. Even if that doesn't happen, you should be able to have a great ride from Colorado Springs to get here. In fact, if you are willing to spend the time in the saddle (seven and a half hours) you can make it an AWESOME ride (24 then 82 to Carbondale, 133 to Delta, 65 over the Mesa and finally, 75 on into Grand Junction...I'd be wishing I was on that one with you!).

TRAVEL STOP
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 04:40 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_Maniac View Post
There will be an evening meal and campfire Saturday and Sunday breakfast at the Scooter Sanctuary. After breakfast, there will be an all-scoot group ride through the Colorado National Monument. I'm not sure if there is a group lunch or, if everyone is on their own for that one. You're welcome to stay an extra night or two if you want to do some extra riding on your own. I don't mind the extra stay. After all, I do list my place as a Travel Stop and am glad for folks to take advantage of it.

I'll be leading the maxi scoots onto the Grand Mesa and, I'm pretty sure to Rifle Falls. If you get out pronto, we may even be able to meet up somewhere. Even if that doesn't happen, you should be able to have a great ride from Colorado Springs to get here. In fact, if you are willing to spend the time in the saddle (seven and a half hours) you can make it an AWESOME ride (24 then 82 to Carbondale, 133 to Delta, 65 over the Mesa and finally, 75 on into Grand Junction...I'd be wishing I was on that one with you!).

Thanks for the route idea, all I knew is I didn't want to go through Denver.

2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
Givi V46 Tech top case with Givi quick release brake light kit, backrest and interior lighting kit, with an Admore tail/brake light.
Kiwi Dave side case racks with Givi E21 cases and Admore universal bi-color side case kit.
Clearview XL, tinted and vented windshield. Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda. Kaoko throttle lock. Bestbackrests.com backrest. Airhawk 2.
Admore large tinted smt led light bar. RAM GPS mount for Tomtom XXL. Oznium turn signal reminders. Stebel Air Horn. OPT7 Fluxbeam LED headlight bulbs. K&N Air Filter.
Dryspec Tool Tube mounted on left side case rack. Denali DM Micro Lights mounted on the front fender.
Helmet Hook
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Bump...I just want to keep this thread alive to make sure all interested get a chance to see it. The last day to get a tee shirt included in the registration fee is tomorrow. The Gathering is still five weeks off and is plenty of time for you retired folks or those with available vacation to plan this trip. So, take some time and make it out to beautiful Colorado!

TRAVEL STOP
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Scooter have you finalized the route for Saturdays maxi scooter ride?

2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
Helmet Hook
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaber5150 View Post
Scooter have you finalized the route for Saturdays maxi scooter ride?
Breakfast 0800 at The Scooter Sanctuary (our place) in Grand Junction; depart Sanctuary 0900, taking I-70 east to De Beque; jump off to Old Hwy 6 and continue to Rifle; north on Gov Rd 13 to Co 325 to Rifle Falls State Park ($7 entry fee). One hour there to knock around; (possible side trip to nearby trout fishery if consensus to do so); backtrack to De Beque, possibly via I-70 for time; De Beque Cutoff to Hwy 65 to Mesa where we will have lunch; continue Hwy 65 to Lands End Road to Lands End Observatory (this 11 mile stretch is about half, well maintained gravel road) for a glorious view of the Grand Valley and way beyond; backtrack to Mesa and stay on Hwy 65 to I-70 and the Sanctuary. This last part may entail a ride through the orchards of Palisade and will depend on time. I saved the portion on the Mesa to the return so we would be hitting it in the hotter part of the day, allowing us to enjoy the temps up there which, are normally about 25 degrees lower than in town.

The longest leg will be about an hour and a half in the saddle. Presuming cooperative weather, it should be a great time.

If anyone plans to go but hasn't registered, do so ASAP. You've already missed the deadline for tee shirts included in the registration fee but, have a few days (not sure of the cutoff, off hand) to still get a tee for an additional $10 over the regular registration. If you have anything awesome to contribute to the raffle, mention it in your registration and, if significant enough possibly get listed as a sponsor and have registration fee waived.

Scooter on!

TRAVEL STOP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.