DFW Meet, Greet & Ride - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

DFW Meet, Greet & Ride

Well today was originally supposed to be the ride. With the weather here in North Texas being the way it was these last few weeks, it's understandable that nothing materialized. Let's just keep this thread open for when the majority can do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Super Poster

I'm available most weekends. I have family commitments 9 July and grandbabies coming the end of July. So, count me in.

2009 650 Exec
Givi windshield,
Driver backrest mod,
Grip puppies!
Bestem 929 T-Box
Kakao Throttle Lock
Living the good life in Fort Worth TX
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Saturdays work best for me, Sunday only from the mid afternoons (after 2pm).
Would love to do the ride Buffalo put on a google map in the other thread.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Insane Poster

If we don't get anything else worked out by then the TWT Pie Run is in the North Texas area this month. It is at Tiffany's restaurant @ lake fork marina on June 25th. I plan to be at that one. If anyone else wants to show up we can meet there. Maybe ride a little after. Here is a link to the info on the TWT board. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109646 As an added benefit you will get a chance to look at all the other bikes that show up and talk to a bunch on nice folks.

They like folks to sign up so that they can get a count of how many will be there to help the restaurant plan for the crowd. If you want to go but don't want to get an ID on that board let me know and I will add you as a plus 1 on my signup.

--- Craig AKA Cliffhanger----
"Big Red" 2007 Red Executive - 134,093 miles
"Little Blue" 2006 Blue 400S - 47,506 miles
"STING" 05 B650 gone but not forgotten, RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Buffalo, the Two Wheeled Texans sounds like a great group. The marina meet is great for you and many of our members on the eastern outlying areas of the metroplex, but for me, I'll wait on one of their (or our) rides closer in. Perhaps some Fort Worth or Weatherford/Mineral Wells folks might feel the same as well, I don't know.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Insane Poster

I guess all things are relative. Not sure where in Dallas you live but Tiffany's is only about 75 miles from downtown Dallas. An easy ride of less than an hour and a half. I make most of the Pie Runs that are within about 130 miles of here. I'll make the one at Sam's in Fairfield in August and the one at Lucy's on the Square in Celina in November and the one at the Moosehead Cafe in Crockett in December (if it is not to cold).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Well the weather hasn't been ideal for much riding & rallying. Once all that rain stopped, we seemed to have gotten straight into humid weather. I wouldn't mind if we got some hotter weather provided the humidity dropped significantly. But the way things have been with the sticky air as of late, I just want to go indoors and stay there beyond my regular commute. Still, if anyone is game for a get-together, post on this thread so the rest of us all can get this thing off the ground.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Insane Poster

Yeah the humidity has been a pain the last couple of weeks. Steve, Robin and I rode up to Muenster to eat German food last week and it was a bit on the sticky side. Weather guys say it should be improving some this next week.
BurgyBill likes this.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Insane Poster

The Pie Run this month is at Sam's in Fairfield on the 27th. That's only about 80 miles south of I-20 down I-45. Hopefuly the weather will be a little cooler by then. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110631

Robin and I went down to Nacogdoches for the one last month. There was a nice turn out for it. If the weather is good the turnout at Sam's is usually fairly big because it is in riding distance for the DFW, North Houston, Waco and Austin areas.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Thinking of going on the city of Richardson's annually sponsored "Great Ride" again on the Saturday of Labor day weekend like I did last year. But at the same time I'm really not savoring the idea of once again being the only maxi-scooter rider in a huge pack of mostly cruiser types. I can do it, but it just isn't as much fun. Certainly not when you compare it to an all scooter event like STO.

Anyway, I should be in last years pics with my white Exec halfway down on page three of the flickr slides. A couple of pages later there's pics of two B650s in the 2014 ride.

Anybody nearby like to accompany me on the Great Ride?
http://www.cor.net/cc/special-events/great-ride.html

Last edited by BurgyBill; 08-15-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.