• 1 Post By currrl1
  • 1 Post By xringracing
  • 1 Post By Liamjs
  • 3 Post By currrl1

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New York City Burgman Club

Is there a Burgman Club in NYC or Nassau County? I would love to ride with other burgy owners. I have a 2014 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 10:41 AM
Insane Poster

try www.meetup.com. But I rather doubt there is a dedicated Burgman group as there just aren't that many out there. I help run a scooter group in Los Angeles and for most rides we get maybe 3-4 Burgmans, but it's been increasing. There was a Burgman group in San Diego many years ago, but died due to lack of interest.

Your best bet is to look for scooter groups or very accepting MC groups (i.e. "All riders, All bikes welcomed"). I'd avoid the Harley and sportbike ones. Perhaps there'll be some Burgman or other maxi-scoot riders that you can befriend.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Super Poster

I've been a Burgman and a scooter owner for just a few months. Living in NYC, I also have searched for a Burgman riding club. All I have been able to find are a variety of Vespa type clubs, or vintage Vespa type clubs.

Its a shame since in my travels through the city I have come across several Burgman 400 and 650 scooters. So, there are several Burgman riders in our area. I would like to ride with another Burgman scoot. I enjoyed group rides in all my years riding a motorcycle. I would welcome meeting for a cup of coffee and a short initial ride. "Bigsel"... if you're interested send me a PM with some contact info, and we'll take it from there
MTAPLAYA likes this.

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 12:24 PM
Turbo Poster

Sounds like you two together can start your own meetup in your area

Let me just add that I've found most riders to be accepting of us Burgman guys. So as said, don't be shy of meetup groups that say "all bikes welcome". Even though you see mostly Harley type bikes in the pics.
MTAPLAYA likes this.

2004 Burgman 400

Last edited by xringracing; 03-21-2016 at 12:31 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Turbo Poster

I grew up in Astoria, Queens, NYC and on my visits to my sister I would often walk past houses in my old neighborhood that had maxi-scoots parked on the street in front or in the driveway. I was surprised on how many there are now; (of course since when I was growing up there weren't any or I wouldn't have noticed anyway). It shouldn't be that hard finding any, you'd think. When I lived in Honolulu, there were always many maxi-scooter riders as well, but when I questioned any I met about getting together they always gave me the ole "I just do my own thing" runaround. Are maxi-scooter riders in general all "lone wolves"? Try to get cruiser or sportbike or even dual sport types to rally--easy peazy. But aside from STO in Arkansas or the Minn Max guys it's like pulling teeth to find other scooterists to ride with. I should state that although I'm real busy right now, I do have the intent to eventually ride with others which is more than what I can say for many riders of our kinds of bikes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xringracing View Post
Sounds like you two together can start your own meetup in your area
+1. It's not very difficult to start your own group. I get notifications of new riding groups almost daily here in Los Angeles. It's free to become a member and $15 per month if you start a group. There's even a "chip in" button for group members to donate to the cost.

Here is my group if you'd like to see what we have on our site. http://www.meetup.com/LAScooterGroup/

But I'd join other groups first and see how rides are run. Ask the organizers for tips, etc. I've found most inclustional groups to be filled with very nice folks that just want to share the love of riding with like minded people. They'll generally be very friendly.

However, I've never been to NYC, nor do I know the people there, so temper my advice with your own experience. Lol.
MTAPLAYA likes this.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:30 AM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsel View Post
Is there a Burgman Club in NYC or Nassau County? I would love to ride with other burgy owners. I have a 2014 650

Bigsel... further to my 3/21/16 post... I have found a club, NYC Interboro Riders on Meetup. They are a scooter friendly group and, in fact, have posted pics of prior rides with several Burgman and BMW scooters participating. Maxi Scooters are specifically invited to join, provided you can safely maintain highway speeds.... not a problem if you have a 400 or 650.

I have recently joined and signed up for two rides, Hawk's Nest and Valley Forge, during the month of May. Something I am looking forward to...

Hope to meet you there.
Liamjs, BurgyBill and xringracing like this.

Thanks...
Lou

2015 Burgman 650
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 06:16 PM

I'm here in BK. most of the time. I can't pm cuz I haven't posted enough.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.