Scooting The Ozarks 2016 - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 07:43 PM
Turbo Poster

Yes Tess, I've already read your responses on the STO forum & Facebook pages, I just wrote my above question here prior to your responses over on the other sites. Anyway, as you say it's good to post here for others to know. All logical points you make. I'm still sitting on the fence (as I'm sure others are) though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Insane Poster

But vendors, especially manufacturers with demo's are why a lot of us would go to a rally and doesn't have anything to do with urban or bar hopping. Going on a ride is something anyone can do without a rally or rally fee. Sturgis and Daytona and even the other Arkansas rallys are successful and growing because of the vendors.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Westnash, I've read your posts. We do what we can with what we have. I appreciate your suggestions but have no more to say on the subject of vendors.

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 06:26 AM
Insane Poster

Thanks for your work, Tess. Might be interesting to graph your attendance as the gathering turns into more of a "family ride" than a Regional Scooter Rally. My guess is it will continue to decline. B, B & B in Arkansas has sure continued to grow though, even with "volunteers".
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 06:06 AM
Insane Poster

Getting closer....any updates?
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Here's a message our rally coordinator posted on Facebook yesterday evening:
Quote:
Hey guys......
Hope everyone is good and looking forward to the rally that's soon coming in the next few days 13 and counting to be exact. If you are coming to the rally and have not sent your registration please do so now or let me know if you will be registering at the rally. Just trying to get an approx. head count for the meal.
I will go ahead and tell you this for the 10th Annual STO Rally 2017. I think it's time to change locations entirely. As I have already started scoping out new places and working to gather info.
of new areas, places, lodging and camping.
As soon as I get this info I will post it ASAP. I am very aware that folks are bored with the past location, and I understand.
Quality Inn (formerly Comfort Inn) have been awesome to STO. They have been more than accommodating for the past rally's. But we need a change and I would love to open up new doors in other areas. I've ran some ideas to other staff members and I think and hope that its safe to say they agree. I will discuss this a little more at the rally.
So until then, stay cool and safe. Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

Tressa
STO Rally Volunteer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Insane Poster

Truly amazing......and thanks for relaying because there are many people who use the web that do not use or want to use Facebook because of Spam and invasion of privacy it brings with it. Your location is not the easiest to get too but offers some great riding opportunities. Maybe a thought is to combine the rally with something like B, B, & B that has managed to develop a real following and is still in the Ozarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess View Post
Here's a message our rally coordinator posted on Facebook yesterday evening:
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Turbo Poster

Yes, I saw the post about the "change" in venue yesterday. Although I finally will not be able to make this year's event, I do hope to be a lot closer to it next year.
And correct me if I'm wrong Tess, but I'd assume that the rally would still be somewhere in Ozark country to still maintain the STO name. Or will it be different? Scootin the Ouchitas, maybe?
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Insane Poster

Tess has done a great job posting here and communicating but don't you think the Rally Coordinator (or big cheese) should come on here and the various scooter forms (not Facebook) and communicate and ASK for feedback and what scooter owners want and are willing to support?

Arkansas is a great location for Rally's. B, B & B has become a biggie and this Hot Springs Rally seems to work big time:

http://www.thehotspringsrally.com/
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
\
Arkansas is a great location for Rally's. B, B & B has become a biggie and this Hot Springs Rally seems to work big time:

http://www.thehotspringsrally.com/
Meh. Too many cruisers. I recently went on rides with a lot of these types and between the snive attitudes toward scooters and the unbearable noise pollution, a maxi-scooterist like me just doesn't fit in. Yeah, it's doable but why bother. While many of your points on the shortcomings of STO have been spot on valid, I'd still kill for a chance to be in a group of "our own kind"--just for once however it may be--warts and all!
John Holbrook likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.