1st Annual "Springtime Fahrt in the Hills" for southern Ohio. - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 11:40 PM

That is called riding parade style.... There are all kinds of videos with those kind of riders and their bikes crashing into each other because there is no where to go to avoid it when something happens. And that is NOT the way us scooter riders ride, though when at traffic lights & stop signs etc., they end up side by side.

Staggered formation is safest. That is; while riding on a single lane, every rider positions themselves to be on the opposite half of the lane from riders in front and behind. Often the lead rider is in the left half of the lane then the rider behind him/her is in the right half, next rider back on left, next on right etc.

Here are a couple links to better explain along with some commonly used group ride hand signals and group riding tips.
http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Group_Ride.pdf
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...oupriding.aspx

I don't remember where I saw it, but there were other good tips on group riding. But probably the most important is to ride your own ride. Don't feel pressured to stay with the group at traffic lights and stops. Normally there are ways for everybody to get back together as a group. For example the ride leader may find a place for the group to pull off to allow everybody to get regrouped or scheduled stopping points along the ride where all will meet for food, fuel etc. These sort of things should be discussed with the group prior to starting the ride.

Southeast Michigan Darkside rider

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Insane Poster

Here's a video on safe riding in a group. Our local club requires all members to watch this before riding with the club. "Motorcycle Safety Foundation Guide To Group Riding"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erpkyD7SMfw

1984 Honda Aero NH80, 2007 E-TON PN-2G 50cc, 2007 Yamaha Morphous CP250W, 2008 Honda Silver Wing FSC600D, 2007 Honda Silver Wing FSC600A and I sold my 2009 Q-Link Commuter CM250, 2005 Suzuki Burgman AN400S and my 1986 Honda Elite CH250.

Last edited by model28a; 02-11-2015 at 11:52 PM.
post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Bakeisback
[quoteI have to confess, I have been riding since 1972 with about two hundred thousand miles under the belt, but in all those years i have never went on a group ride. I am not sure how to do it! In fact, most of my riding (99.99 percent) has been solo.][/quote]

I would not worry. We are not going to rush anyone. When we set up the routes, we will set up stop points to gather the groups back together. We want to be more casual in how we get there. I myself prefer a little space between me and the guy in front of me. Hopefully we can have a few with bluetooth communications so we can keep riding even though we are spread out.

Cary

The PUFFY Seat
Givi Windshield / Givi e55 case
Grip Puppies
Extra brake/riding/blinkers
Rostra Cruise Control / Dahlia Blue custom paint

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- new email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website is online, but in-progress. YES, we are making seats now. Basic services coming soon

- NEW Backrest Video for 650.

- my new Burgman video

post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Super Poster

[QUOTE=
Bakeisback;. We do not have the communication gear, so we will be purchasing some for ourselves. Hopefully some riders will have gear to assist with the ride.

Cary; The two of us have the Scalia Rider Headsets allowing communication between 6 Riders We will assist an any way possible.

Ride Safe
motorpap1
Mt.Wolf Pa.
015 Honda CTX700DCT
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

There is one question I want to answer that has been asked a few times.

Question: "How do I reserve my bike for the rally and how do I pay?"
Answer: For now, send me an email saying you are committing to the rally. I do ask that you give me your full name as well as your screen name on BurgmanRiders and BurgmanUSA. Also, please let me know if you have a communication device. I will be purchasing a Uclear 200 soon. I know it can communicate with the other bluetooth devices and has single point distance of about 0.3 miles and several miles when linked up with others. Some of you I know from doing business with, but others I do not know outside of the post on the Burgman sites. Next weekend I will post a list of names that have sent emails confirming their attendance.

I am not taking any money at this time. I am getting a design together and would like to get any orders on shirts so they can be delivered at the ride. I found a local printer that can do this at a good price. As of now, the price would be $15 for the tshirt. I hope to have everything ready to post at the end of the week(end of the month at the latest). Shirt orders have to be in the first week of April to be ready in time. I will have more details later.

Cary

The PUFFY Seat
Grip Puppies

- new email.

- Website is online, but in-progress. YES, we are making seats now. Basic services coming soon

- my new Burgman video

post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

One thing I forgot to mention. If any of you are coming from the north, south, or west and for whatever reason did not want to arrive at Hocking Hills until Friday, I have room for a few at my house. Since I have the extra bathroom and a family room, there would be room for a couch, futon, and a few on the floor. I do have a twin inflatable matress. My Friday schedule is to leave the house about 7am, take the freeway out of town, especially since traffic will be going on. Stop for breakfast, then coast on down the road. At a casual pace, its about a 3 hour ride to Logan Ohio. Since I am camping, I need to arrive around 11am so I can erect the tent, etc... before the afternoon ride. For some the long morning ride or an extra night in the hotel could cause an issue.

Again, if you might want to this, please email me at Cary@burgmanseats.com

Cary

The PUFFY Seat
Grip Puppies

- new email.

- my new Burgman video

post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TechArtGuy
Hey all, Just giving an update on the routes. The route packs are assembled just need uploaded to the rally website with the corresponding detailed info. They'll have a pdf with detailed directions and several formats of files for gps importing as well as a separate file for the areas other main attractions should you wish to go exploring.

Friday's ride covers 72.9 miles starting from the parking lot by the Baymont Inn with the first stop at Rock House along rt.374. After that, 10 miles south down rt.374 we'll stop at cedar falls. Following, head south until 56 turning east then down rt 93 to rt 50. Head east on 50 turning north on rt. 677 to Lake hope Iron Furnace. From there heading north on rt. 278 to Destination at Rocky Outfitters.

Saturday's Ride is 176 mi. starting from the parking lot at Lake logan beach on lake logan road not far from the millstone bbq. From there we'll head east on lake logan road and head north on 664 then head east on rt.37. Next, head north from New Lexington on rt. 345 til rt. 22. Then up to southern Zanesville to rt 719 turning right on old river rd. to begin the ride on rt. 555. We'll stay on 555 until we get to Bartlett to turn left on rt 550 to stop at the Marathon station for refueling/bathroom break/quick snack.

From there we'll turn left from the station to get back on 555 south and continue on until we reach Rt. 50. Then, turn right and head west on 50 until we cross the hocking river then head north on rt. 144. Stay on 144 until we reach rt. 329 and turn right. Then left on 550 followed by a right about 1.5 miles later to continue north on 329. Next make a right on rt. 13 then a left on 78. Then a right on 216/93 into downtown logan to end in the parking lot by Baymont Inn.

FYI, it's good to note that many places within the hawking hills area still accept cash only so please bring enough cash to cover any expenses while out and about in the countryside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fridayhawking.jpg (304.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Saturdayhawking.jpg (237.6 KB, 21 views)

Two Tone PUFFY seat, Rostra Cruise Control, Projector HID headlights, Tour Tank, Givi E21 Side panniers, passenger extensions, Izuzu backrest, chrome handbars, Powder coated wheels and calipers, DC sport exhaust mod (welded) w/baffle, V3 triton switchback turns, RGB ground effects lighting

- Soon to be offering basic maintenance services.

Last edited by TechArtGuy; 02-23-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Additional information
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Here is an updated list of those that have committed for the ride. If I skipped your name please send me an email.

Cary Vincent – Bakeisback
Bennie Vincent
Sean Polacik – Tech Art Guy
John Holbrook
Bob Coil - bcoil
Chas Murphy (motorpap1
Jim Jenkins
Mark - Markbohnmd
Dwayne – Just Me
Frank Siegel
Jim Huff
Philip – phipruitt

Cary

The PUFFY Seat
Grip Puppies

- new email.

- my new Burgman video

post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Why oh why was this never posted to the Silverwing600 forum until today, March 3rd? I'm sure that there are/were several Silverwing and MASR refugees who would have looked forward to joining this gathering, but with such a late notice it's **** difficult to change previous commitments.

Tim
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

A quick update:
Sean should be posting the design for the rally t-shirt. Shirts will be $15, if we have 16 ordered. I can get long sleeves for a few dollars more. Sean and Charles are finishing up the patch design for those that are into patches. Again, we will have all of that posted by Sunday evening. The goal is to have you paying 1 time for the ride, shirt, & patch.

4 additional riders to add:
Scott - Scotty1981
Bob Richardson
Michael Roeder - gettyuptogo
Dill Dorrel

We have 1 male that would like to share a hotel expense. Being that they are $100 a night, thats a good offer. Email me for details. Cary@burgmanseats.com

Cary

The PUFFY Seat
Grip Puppies

- new email.

- my new Burgman video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.