Where do you keep your cell phone? - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Insane Poster

Makes you wonder how we all managed to survive as a species without one. Remember when a typical cell phone was the size of a desk phone and weighed about 5 pounds? That'd be a challenge to mount on the Burgman.

Brewman
2005- Burgman 650- One of the faster Silver ones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to gunrun69
I hate riding my Burg on grass!!! That goes for gravel too. Wet grass and our tires spell TROUBLE!!! Sorry to hear about the "oopsie" Patti, and I was thinking the same thing as Pauljo, I'll probably land on mine and crush it if I ever wreck... I am waiting for the new "improved" model from Autocomm and was planning to put my phone connection in one of the side gloveboxes and just carry the phone in there...... but I hadn't really considered the very real possibility of being separated from the bike..... hmmmm......

Jeff Williams
Broken Arrow, OK
"Ride it like you stole it!"
Blue '03 650 w/Givi52 topbox & Throttlemeister Cruise Control. Russell Daylong seat, Greenlight Trigger, Vented Clearview XL, Pirelli Diablo tires, Sylvania Silverstars, Foam grips.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Missed but Remembered RIP.

Last Mon. evening my local vol. fire dept. responded to a call to assist the neighboring fire dept. on a report of a motorcycle accident on the road between us & them, because they couldn't find anything. A lady came on the scene & reported that she was the wife of the victum, & he had called her at home to report the crash. She was the one that called 9-1-1. They looked for him for about an hour while repeatedly trying to call his cell phone. Finally, one of the searchers heard his phone ringing. The cycle had gone off a curve, through the ditch, across a gravel drive, down through a dry creek bed & way up into the brush & trees. He was still alive when they found him, but he did not survive the night. If he had not called his wife to tell her what happened & [roughly ] where he was, who knows how long he might of been there before somebody found him & the motorcycle
Make SURE to put your I.C.E. [in case of emergency ] label on somebody in your cell phone .

It is well with my soul.

'05 Blue Burgman 400 Back rest & Rear carrier
AM/FM/CD XM Satellite receiver Leather laceup grips
Salamander Bar Ends Dual Batteries
BurgmanSeats 'puffy' seat by Cary
N5MVL Amateur Extra
Patriot Guard Rider #56199
Original ride Yellow 2004 Honda Ruckus
Currently 50,000 on 10-11-2015

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Insane Poster

I'll second the motion for keeping your most important valuables ON YOU. My wreck in a Wal-Mart parking lot pushed the front fairing to the left and bent the ignition stalk with the key in it. As such I could not get into the under-seat storage where all the thing's I'd bought that day were until a few days later when the 650 was towed to my home and I could take it apart. The glove box was also locked and had my garage door opener, insurance and title, etc., in it. With the key in the ignition and bent I could not use it to unlock it. The police at least saw my dilemma and called my insurance company before citing me for no proof-of-insurance to show.

Food for thought.

2004 Black Burgman 650
Manhattan, KS
Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Insane Poster

I carry mine in my shirt pocket. On Christmas eve I slipped & fell.
I bruised my rib exactly where I carry the cell phone & figure that I must have fallen on it & that's what hurt me. I thought I had dodged a bullet for the first two days & then is when I began to hurt like ****.
One thing to learn from this is that when you go down there is a very good chance you will injure your ribs. Most motorcycle jackets offer very little if any protection to that area. If it had been warmer I would have been wearing my lightweight jacket that does have pads over the ribs although they probably wouldn't have helped in this case as they do not go that far around.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Turbo Poster

Re: Where do you keep your cell phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtech2000
Ride safely.
Patti
I wear suspenders which have web belt material and have sewn another piece of web material horizotaly accross the left side of the suspenders just about where my left shirt pocket is and have the cell in it's holder mounted to this sewn place and it's always right there when I need it and I can also hear it ring or (one of my reminders) (gettin older you know ) much easier there when going 60 or 70 mph.

Steve

In Loving Memory of our Daughter Stephanie

She is our angel and rides with us every time we ride.
2005 Silver AN400 (The Silver Eagle)
2004 Black AN650 ( Blackie )
2002 Bajaj Legend 150cc (old Blue)
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 06:21 AM
Missed but Remembered

I have been keeping mine in the in the under seat trunk or saddlebag. But the ideas of having on you and the emergency contact label are good ones. My only concern, as Paul and gruntled pointed out, is if you have it in a pocket and take a fall, you may be landing on the phone which would not be very good for you or the phone. I will have to think about it some more. When on the bike, I have my phone “turned off”.

2012 Burgman 650 Exec
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker
The glove box was also locked and had my garage door opener, insurance and title, etc., in it. With the key in the ignition and bent I could not use it to unlock it. The police at least saw my dilemma and called my insurance company before citing me for no proof-of-insurance to show.
Looks like you have police officers who ACTUALLY have brains!!! I hope your city pays them very well, as they are quite hard to find.

2006 AN400 Type S "Ceruleus Angelus"
2005 Yamaha Majesty- Galaxy Blue "His Majesty"
1985 Honda Elite 80 (All three still in the stable)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(_).(_)* Bunnies 'till the Boys come home!
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Super Poster

Send a message via MSN to ICE929RR
I take my cell phone on my jacket on short trips and on the bike on long ones, because of the Autocom

Cheers,

ICE

My pictures

Blue Burgman 650 K5 with Autocom Pro-7, GIVI T411 Saddlebags and SHAD SH46 Top case.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Insane Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Maxfun
All good comments but i have some thoughts too.
1- I never turn my phone off.
2. I always carry my phone on me on the side looped on my belt.
3. I am working on getting autocom so that I have access to call out.
4. have 911 with auto dial,,,one key stroke too...

Glad to hear someone bring this subject up so we can discuss this becuase like lots of other folks,,this was never considered untill something happens,,then it's to late.
Steve

--Steve AKA "Wildman" --

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.