strobe brake lights: any ideas plz:) - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 10:32 PM

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada in winter. Southwest Quebec in summer
Hey MARV: Can you tell us what model you used off the Flash Equipment website under Motorcycle category. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 09:31 PM
Turbo Poster

The model number is 3510R RED The manufacturer is ECCO GROUP
They have 24 LED lights. They are sold world wide. See www.eccogroup.com
SumoServices likes this.

Givi V46 top case with Admore LED tail/stop/directional signals
Modulator headlights
Break-Away cruise control
Hyper stoplight to replace reflector under the license plate
Oznium LED's
Utopia backrest
Garmin Nuvi 1490 GPS with Ram mount
Cramp Buster
X-Large Clearview windscreen
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

thanks Marv, i checked out the site, not sure of the unit you purchased and i looked up the 'hyper stoplight' you mention, and the Oznium LEDs, your ideas/set up sound good, am making up my mind looking at different units, i'm 'impressed' with the Skene design, pricey, but looking to see what's out there and working for others, any chance is specifying which strobe, hyper stop light and omnium led's?
thanks for sharing info
appreciated

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearone View Post
thanks Marv, i checked out the site, not sure of the unit you purchased and i looked up the 'hyper stoplight' you mention, and the Oznium LEDs, your ideas/set up sound good, am making up my mind looking at different units, i'm 'impressed' with the Skene design, pricey, but looking to see what's out there and working for others, any chance is specifying which strobe, hyper stop light and omnium led's?
thanks for sharing info
appreciated
A Vespa dealer in Fort Myers Florida was so impressed with my stoplight he bought a dozen of them to resell to his customers. I don't know his phone number but he is the only dealer for Vespa in Fort Myers. Look him up.

Givi V46 top case with Admore LED tail/stop/directional signals
Modulator headlights
Break-Away cruise control
Hyper stoplight to replace reflector under the license plate
Oznium LED's
Utopia backrest
Garmin Nuvi 1490 GPS with Ram mount
Cramp Buster
X-Large Clearview windscreen
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Turbo Poster

CustomLED; Other Choices

On both of my current bikes -- a 2008 Exec, and a 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour -- I have CustomLED's Magic Strobes brake flasher installed. See http://www.customled.com/products/ma...-light-flasher

Further, on both of these bikes, the flasher is installed such that it does its thing on LEDs that are in the topcase (stock LEDs, in the case of the Vic, and AdMore LEDs added to a Givi topcase, in the case of the Burger). I believe that if you have a topcase, and have LEDs in it, that lights at this height are more in keeping with the eye level of drivers coming up behind you, as contrasted with license-plate-frame lights or other lights in that area.

(I might have considered ALSO wiring up the lower stock brake lights on the bikes, but I wanted to keep the wiring change simple and, as I said, higher up is my first choice. Also, if you stay away from stock lighting, you can possibly avoid complications with electronic cruise control units.)

At $60 plus shipping, the CustomLED offering is relatively expensive as these things go (but not expensive at all, compared to your safety, or other things we spend on our bikes). OTOH, I think it's well made. I've had it on the Vic for two+ years now, with no problem.

If you want to see a video of that product, I made one as part of a write-up I did for the Vic community. See the bottom of the write-up, at http://www.billanddot.com/customled-...t-flasher.html . The video itself is on YouTube here:

The video is of the Victory topcase, but it's the same thing on my Burger/Givi/AdMore (and I use patter #6 on both bikes -- a bunch of rapid flashing, and then solid, as long as the brakes are engaged). On that http://www.billanddot.com/customled-...t-flasher.html page, I also have links to products from Skene, Back-Off, and Hyper-Lites.

CustomLED has its own video; go to http://www.customled.com/products/ma...-light-flasher , and click on the Video tab.

There was a recent post on a Victory forum in which someone bought a universal model of this for $20: http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/brake...-flasher-c-65/ . He seems pleased, but as I say, some of the cheaper products won't have the longevity, from my forum reading.

Installing these is pretty simple, whether you modify a stock brake light or one in a topcase. You find a ground, find the lead that's hot only when the brake is applied, and snip in two. You connect the ground wire on the strobe to the ground, and connect the other two strobe wires to the proper ends of the wire you snipped. A $2 12V test probe, wire stripper, and some Posi-Locks are all you need. If anyone can't handle that job or those devices, you should really find a mentor, because that's about as simple as electrical farkles get.

One of the Victory owners, Paul Pomerlau, made a nice video based largely on my installation page, and you may find it helpful (even if it is Victory-based -- the wiring concept is the same):

On the Big Burger, you can get at the tail/brake-light wiring by removing a couple of push pins, and then taking the single surrounding tupperware piece off.

On the front, I have some Motolights on both bikes. If I were starting from scratch, I'd go with the Skene twinkly product. I almost never ride at night, so I don't need to light up the road farther -- what I'm after is better conspicuity, preferably in a "light triangle" (to maximize the apparent change of position of a moving bike).

Regards,

Bill P.

2008 Exec:

Givi E52; AdMore lights; CustomLED flasher; Clearview; SpeedoHealer; Motolights; Running-lights mod; Powerlet socket; MCL RAM cover; Vibranator bar ends; G2 Throttle Tamer

2007 Exec [Sold]:

Givi E52; Clearview; MC Cruise; SpeedoHealer; Motolights; Stebel air horn; Running-lights mod; Oznium LEDs; Powerlet sockets; MCL RAM cover; SW-Motech riser; Manic Salamander bar ends; Yoshimura exhaust; G2 Throttle Tamer

Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.