travel tool kit - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

hi westnash... right about jumper cables... much economics... and i ll travel with several bikes...
Here in Mexico in regular roads, there are a lot of "topes" almost in every small towns or villages... last saturday i went to a motorcycle event, about 200 kms from my city Morelia, and need to cross like 10-15 villages... every one with 4 to 6 topes... i was chasing a bmw 12oo and another bmw f800... nearly to passing them due to the excellent response in sport mode of the burguie, and the fine handling in twisties, but every time we cross a village, both bmws just jump any "tope" that were in front... and i couldnīt do that... so... its a pain in the %&%&ss, but the supreme confort that i have in the Suzi, i wouldnt change for anything...
i live in Morelia city, its in Michoacan State, central Mexico... and had a lot of "magic towns" nerby... twistie roads... and several freeways to choose every weekend for a little round trip... the most far away trip i made, last year in june to ROT TEXAS RALLY, in Austin... about 2000 miles round trip... in 5 days... but not in the burguie... i was riding a kawasaki Nomad 1500cc tourer kind... i came back to tired from that journey, but... only riders knows the feeling of freedom and joy that came with two wheels...
Ride Safe...

Last edited by nachipolis; 03-17-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Just another word on jumper cables. I have not tried using them with a car battery while the car is off. The consensus seems to be that is probably ok. I think so too. When I first got my B400 I drained the battery in a parking lot and a cager gave me a boost with the engine on. I was just a baby Burger rider back then and didn't know much. The ecu thought it was on drugs. Big time problem with idle and power for about 20 miles until it normalized, so insist the engine be off if the need arises.
Make sure you use Tire glue with your plug. Goop it on good. Mine stayed there until I replaced my tire due to wear.
A flashlight or even a mini led keychain light might come in handy for your trip.
Mike33 likes this.

Blue AN400 K7
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Nelson Rigg 850 Saddle Bags
Boulevard C50T K8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.