2Likes
  • 1 Post By carol palmer
  • 1 Post By Liamjs

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Garage
simple safety practices pay off!

It must be the full moon as people are driving like maniacs the last few days. However, simple safety practices have kept me from being hit not once but twice. One was yesterday and the other this morning.

Yesterday I was coming up to a red light just as the guy in front of me made a legal right turn on the red. I pull up and go to the right side of the lane. I then check my mirrors and just then I hear 'vroom' to my left. I look over and see a car rushing past me and right through the RED! I am not sure if the driver wasn't paying attention or purposely ran the red. Either way I was safe because I went to the right side of the lane.

The second one was a guy who turned in front me. I always slow down when I see a car at a cross-street stop. Because I was already slowing I was able to give more brake and prevent hitting him. Not sure if they guy saw me or not, I did however give him the horn so for sure he saw me then!

I can now attest that these two safety tips do indeed work. Ride safe out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Super Poster

When rain is predicted I ride my Kymco LIKE200i scooter to work. It has a large tail light, and the Bestem 929 top case has a great set of running and brake LED lights wrapping the rear and sides.
Climbing a posted 25mph sweeping bend in the city at 35mph (if you actually do 25 you will get run over), commanding my lane by riding in the left tire track in a steady downpour... I watch a lady in an suv close too fast and too close to me ---- then she swings by my front brake lever and passes me on the right as we sweep to the left up the hill!!
I laid on the horn and gave her the Italian WTHell with my arm in her rearview mirror (no fingers involved....saw a youngster in the passenger seat)
The scootering Angel was with me as she had to stop for a long light as mile ahead....which permitted me the opportunity to motor up to her window and inform her how dangerous and dumb that was.
She responded appropriately.....kept her window up and ignored me.
Always something new from motorists.
Stig
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedandstyle View Post
Yesterday I was coming up to a red light just as the guy in front of me made a legal right turn on the red. I pull up and go to the right side of the lane. I then check my mirrors and just then I hear 'vroom' to my left. I look over and see a car rushing past me and right through the RED! I am not sure if the driver wasn't paying attention or purposely ran the red. Either way I was safe because I went to the right side of the lane.

I can now attest that these two safety tips do indeed work. Ride safe out there!
this happens a lot in CA, we have a ton of these NO TURN ON RED lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 03:04 AM

Safety Practices

Safety Practices include safety against not just accidents but also against miscreants. Recently burglars went off with the car and the police had to chase them from Fort Worth to Texas. Had there been innocent people inside, the situation would have been worse. Few simple steps can ensure safety of your cars http://www.calgaryalarm.com/blog/car...-car-break-in/.
John Holbrook likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol palmer View Post
Safety Practices include safety against not just accidents but also against miscreants. Recently burglars went off with the car and the police had to chase them from Fort Worth to Texas. Had there been innocent people inside, the situation would have been worse. Few simple steps can ensure safety of your cars http://www.calgaryalarm.com/blog/car...-car-break-in/.
Sorry, that is an unfound webpage.

Also, how far is it from Fort Worth to Texas?
knucklehead likes this.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 05:59 AM

The original article was 15 Ways To Prevent A Car Break-In. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.