OKO Aftermarket Shock Absorbers - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Gabe502000
Default OKO Aftermarket Shock Absorbers

A Bro. Animal, that's a Bergman owner,+ a member here.Has expressed a desire for a better rear shock absorber. I am the Distributor for OKO Shock Absorbers in this part of the world. If some of you that are in the midst of spring maintenance on your scoot's, both 400 & 650. Would be kind enough to remove a shock absorber,& measure the distance between the mounting hole centers in mm, and post it here. Or, email me at gabe502000@yahoo.com I'm about to place an order with my Vendor in Taiwan for the new 235mm nitrogen/hydraulic 50cc Scooter shocks that look like conventional cycle shocks,they are about to come out with at the end of the month.It may be that they'll be able to source, or mfg, a standard shock that's just a bit taller, for your scooters that will give you a really good ride. Or, one of the new N2/Oil units w/o the tank hanging on it's side, that won't cost you an arm and a leg! I won't know until I get the shock measurements and ask. I got involved in this business because of the crazy high prices people were charging for shocks for my Yamaha C3 SCooter.I Decided to see if I could do something about it & found that I could! Blessings, Gabe
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Send a message via AIM to QuantumRift Send a message via Yahoo to QuantumRift
Default Re: OKO Aftermarket Shock Absorbers

Yea, if I can go pick up good shocks for my truck or car for less than $100 or so, I really don't want to pay $250 for TWO shocks for a scooter.

"If Opportunity knocks, and he's not at home, Opportunity waits."

KRISS Headlight Modulator
Kisan TailBlazer Brake Light Flasher 20W-D - Plug-In
Manic Salamander Bar End Weights (with throttle lock)
Grip Puppies
3Brothers Backrest
QuantumRift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Gabe502000

Well, How much better does your pickup ride afterward? If I can get the lengths of the Bergman 400 + 650's
shocks, I can tell you what two units will cost. And, I don't expect it to be as much as you think! I don't pay my bills by doing this! Gabe
Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to jbtcajun

Well what did you come up with?
Looking for a 650 shock that will handle 500 lbs carrying weight.
Every shock I come across doesn't increase carrying weight just a better ride.
jbtcajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Send a message via AIM to QuantumRift Send a message via Yahoo to QuantumRift

I don't think anybody posted the specs for him.

As for how my truck rides after I put new shocks on it, well, it rides like it has new shocks on it.

"If Opportunity knocks, and he's not at home, Opportunity waits."

KRISS Headlight Modulator
Kisan TailBlazer Brake Light Flasher 20W-D - Plug-In
Manic Salamander Bar End Weights (with throttle lock)
Grip Puppies
3Brothers Backrest
QuantumRift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Location: Ohio, City is home of the Pumpkin Show ( Circleville ), USA
Send a message via AIM to rtAnimal

Babe's website is:

http://gabesscooterparts.vpweb.com/

He published his email address in the first post of this thread. TechArtGuy sent Gabe the specs of the shocks for the Burgman 650. I emailed Gabe around a week ago about shocks for the 650. He had not found a supplier of shocks to fit the 650 at the time I had emailed him. You could try giving him a email. I've also been waiting on him to find a good deal on shocks, like he has for the smaller scooters. Any shocks can be sprung for the added weight. It all depends on the spring rate of the shock.

You also need to upgrade the springs in the forks. An option in the forks, is to add air fittings like a Goldwing and a lot of dirt bikes has. Adding air fittings to the forks is cheap and easy to do. It also helps out the overall spring rate of the forks. It doesn't require a very high amount of air pressure. Normally with a air pressure of 5-7PSI you can see a good improvement. The air tends to act as a variable improvement in the spring rate. That is because as the fork is compressed, the internal volume is decreased. Therefore it increases the air pressure. That acts better than any variable rated spring.

Unfortunately for the rear in takes new shocks with higher rated springs or air shocks. Both of these options are more costly than adding air fittings to the forks. In the situation of the shocks with the higher rated springs. It's not as easy to adjust the rate as it is with a set of air shocks. With the air shocks you just need to adjust the PSI setting.

Happy Sc°°ter´ng!
rt┼n´mal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.