VVME HID LIGHTS - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

VVME HID LIGHTS

Has anyone purchased the VVME.COM 50/55 watt HID kit instead of the standard kit ?

06 650 Exec W/ FLAMES
Led lites in place of OEM reflectors
JBL MBB 319 stereo
Backoff Brake light lic frame
Zumo 450
Ram Mount cup holder
Driving lits
GONE TO THE DARKSIDE AND LOVE IT
55 watt HID Bi-Xenon Headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Re: VVME HID LIGHTS

Well I guess these HIDS are to new for this request !!!!!!! I'll just wait maybe somebody has purchased it !!!!

06 650 Exec W/ FLAMES
JBL MBB 319 stereo
Zumo 450
Ram Mount cup holder
Driving lits
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Insane Poster

Well, you could wait longer than 8 hours. :P

This board seems to be more active on weekday evenings than 1pm-9pm on a Saturday.

---------------------------------------
MyWifeSaidYes

Iron Butt Association #37830
2009 Burgman 650 Executive - Repo'd Fall of 2010 - Great while it lasted!
Maybe 2014 will be good to me?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Super Poster

I was thinking of buying one.

Price difference is not that much but gives a lot more light out.

Purchased an almost new 650 Exec, 2007 year with 2,000 on clock. (in Jan 2009)
Burgman 200 since summer 2007 to April 2009
A BMW R1150RT (For a few months in 200
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Did have 4 goldwings 20 years ago, 1200 Aspencade, 1100 x 2, 1000
CB400-4 Honda
CB175 First bike, though learnt to ride on a CB50
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Super Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to TheBlackMoon

Okay, I've "researched" these about as much as I'm willing to... Retards-R-Us and crew have commented regarding the lack of relays in all but the bi-Xenon kits, but just ignore them. They really have no clue about what they are talking about, and it's just a waste and heap of frustration to even reference it. HID lights don't need "way more amps" to power the ballasts than conventional vehicular lighting systems.

Now, what you should be aware of is that these seem to be one of the systems from the "Orient" (China, Korea, Indonesia, etc...) and may, again I say MAY, have ballasts that use poor quality components. Many such systems have reputedly been prone to premature failure of ballasts and bulbs (which may again be attributed to poor quality ballasts which do not properly regulate the AC current/Voltage ratio). The general consensus seems to stick with systems that utilize the German or American made ballasts and bulbs for the most reliability. The "Chinese" systems are cheaper, but like scooters, steel, and most electronics bearing the "Made in China" seal of approval, "cheaper" seems to be synonymous with "Cheap".

That's about all I can offer. May be a great system, but they're fighting a bad history of bad products that has seriously marred the reputation of most "Chinese" products. That said, they already have a leg up on the competition with their customer service and support. Lots of good reviews regarding that, so far.
captainfish likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Thanks for your thoughts,Iagree with you ....DOC

06 650 Exec W/ FLAMES
JBL MBB 319 stereo
Zumo 450
Ram Mount cup holder
Driving lits
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackMoon
Okay, I've "researched" these about as much as I'm willing to... Retards-R-Us and crew have commented regarding the lack of relays in all but the bi-Xenon kits, but just ignore them. They really have no clue about what they are talking about, and it's just a waste and heap of frustration to even reference it. HID lights don't need "way more amps" to power the ballasts than conventional vehicular lighting systems.

Now, what you should be aware of is that these seem to be one of the systems from the "Orient" (China, Korea, Indonesia, etc...) and may, again I say MAY, have ballasts that use poor quality components. Many such systems have reputedly been prone to premature failure of ballasts and bulbs (which may again be attributed to poor quality ballasts which do not properly regulate the AC current/Voltage ratio). The general consensus seems to stick with systems that utilize the German or American made ballasts and bulbs for the most reliability. The "Chinese" systems are cheaper, but like scooters, steel, and most electronics bearing the "Made in China" seal of approval, "cheaper" seems to be synonymous with "Cheap".

That's about all I can offer. May be a great system, but they're fighting a bad history of bad products that has seriously marred the reputation of most "Chinese" products. That said, they already have a leg up on the competition with their customer service and support. Lots of good reviews regarding that, so far.
That is why I went with DDM Tuning ( https://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?pcs ... nt=61&pg=1 ).
All DDM HID kits come standard with a FREE lifetime warranty. This is an important consideration. Many retailers charge extra for this. Also, Apexcone has been in business since 2001. So you can be assured that we will be there for service if you ever need it.

Bill - Georgetown TX 07 Silver Wing ABS

Clearview, Givi E96/TB19/E52 with Admore, Alaskan Leather, Wrist Rests, 3M Solas tape, K&N air, Hyperpro spring, Grip Puppies, Airhawk, Utopia backrest,
Stebel, HIDs, LEDs (w/Backoff WigWag), Knight Rider LED, Power Commander III,
Dark-Side Tire
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

which kit and or harness' did you buy ??????

06 650 Exec W/ FLAMES
JBL MBB 319 stereo
Zumo 450
Ram Mount cup holder
Driving lits
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Super Poster

DDM 35W & 55W Dual Motorcycle HID System http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=pr ... &parent=61 35W ... the 55W was not available two years ago though I know several that have since purchased the 55W. I have a Honda SilverWing ... so now my low-beam and high-beam are both HIDs.

In that time frame the wire harness came with the HIDs .... though I did not not use the harness provided because I used power distribution and grounding blocks for additional power usages.

Bill - Georgetown TX 07 Silver Wing ABS

Clearview, Givi E96/TB19/E52 with Admore, Alaskan Leather, Wrist Rests, 3M Solas tape, K&N air, Hyperpro spring, Grip Puppies, Airhawk, Utopia backrest,
Stebel, HIDs, LEDs (w/Backoff WigWag), Knight Rider LED, Power Commander III,
Dark-Side Tire
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Has anyone purchased the VVME.COM 50/55 watt HID kit ... anybody, anybody, bueller, bueller ?????

06 650 Exec W/ FLAMES
JBL MBB 319 stereo
Zumo 450
Ram Mount cup holder
Driving lits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.