Tire pressure monitoring - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Tire pressure monitoring

http://tinyurl.com/yepsws

http://tinyurl.com/yd9l4g

But until I can afford either one, has anyone found "air pressure indicator caps" that operate in the range of the air pressure found in Burgman tires?

Seems to me these caps would be great and prevent air loss everytime I check the pressure since it is not so easily done.

PJ
Scoot's name: Alfie
E52 Maxia Givi box with light kit, Garmin Quest 2, Givi windscreen, Airhawk seat cushion, Cat "O-ring" cruise control, Grip Puppies, Nolan N-102 modular,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Insane Poster

Send a message via AIM to ScubaGirl Send a message via MSN to ScubaGirl Send a message via Yahoo to ScubaGirl
Hubby just bought me a new digital pressure gauge. I'd love the indicators too...or even just 90 degree stems..

2003 650 - Blue named Chauncey: sold
2006 Exec - Silver: sold
2007 Exec - Red: sold
2009 Exec - Black: sold
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Ragman;

I have seen those indicator caps in Auto Zone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys and the auto section of Walmart here in the USA not sure about Canada.

John

JohnK
AN650A K6 (lifetime avg. 55 mpg)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Wes
Missed but Remembered

Be aware that, after you install 90 degree valve stems, you can't use any of those type of caps as they will hit the brake calipers. A few years ago I installed them on my Harley, which had right angle valve stems, went for a ride and wound up with two flat tires when both valve stems were ripped out. I had to ride a couple of blocks to a shop to get new valve stems put in. Kind of embarrasing. I had chrome Suzuki caps on the Burgman and had to take them off when I installed the 90 degree stems as they were hitting.

Wes Jackson
Nanaimo BC
Canada

Silver '04 650 - My Evil Twin (written off)
HOG Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Administrator

I know a little bit about this subject.

First, the two quoted systems in the original post are (when available) a big buck solution to a simple problem - so not suitable for $$ concious owners.

The valve cap pressure monitorsare ideal for motorcycles but they have had their problems in the past. Largely because the distribution chain 'leaked' and cheap less than adequate quality from Chinese origin entered the supply chain - and it is difficult from the packaging to determine the good from the dodgy.

I am aware there will be a much improved model available in early 2007 produced by a UK company which will be fully TUV approved. They have a US partner who will distribute in the States.

I have agreed to do some customer trials for them.

Wes - the right angle valve stems you are talking about - were they rubber or metal bodied?

An expert = ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.
AN650AL0 (new toy)
AN650K4 (Av 44mpUSG) (Sold 11/4/2010)
AN400 - 2001 (Sold 8/13/05)

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

I'll be more than interested with these items. Please let us know the results of your tests, their availability and from whom on this side of the pond.

PJ

PJ
Scoot's name: Alfie
E52 Maxia Givi box with light kit, Garmin Quest 2, Givi windscreen, Airhawk seat cushion, Cat "O-ring" cruise control, Grip Puppies, Nolan N-102 modular,

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Super Poster

I have been using these since last winter and they work fine. Be advised that they won't indicate yellow until they reach 4 pounds under the rated pressure. Will indicate red at 10 pounds under rating.

http://www.helmetsunblocker.com/cgi-bin ... ssure_Caps

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Super Poster

I think I'd want the indicator to flag at much tighter tolerance, e.g., 2 lbs under-inflation.

Isn't 5 lbs under-inflated a bit dangerous?

Craig

Craig Conrad
2006 Gray Burgman 650
Russell (dual heated, leather/viny, backrest/pouch), CV (XL, Tint, Vent), Givi E52 w/ lights & backrest, Autocom, Gerbing, ISO, Brakeaway, brake flasher, headlight modulator
PENDING: signal alert, hump RAM ball, horn, garage opener, World Peace
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman
I'll be more than interested with these items. Please let us know the results of your tests, their availability and from whom on this side of the pond.

PJ
I will report back to the forum as soon as I have news.
Marv likes this.

An expert = ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.
AN650AL0 (new toy)
AN650K4 (Av 44mpUSG) (Sold 11/4/2010)
AN400 - 2001 (Sold 8/13/05)

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Wes
Missed but Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanB
Wes - the right angle valve stems you are talking about - were they rubber or metal bodied?
I have the metal ones installed now. I'd like a set of the rubber ones like the Swing and GW come with but they're big bucks stuff. I don't know if they're shorter or not. I had nice, chrome, Suzuki valve caps that I had to quit using with the angle valves.

Wes Jackson
Nanaimo BC
Canada

Silver '04 650 - My Evil Twin (written off)
HOG Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.