Tire pressure monitoring - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

I'd never heard of it but saved the link for further perusal later.

PJ
Scoot's name: Alfie
E52 Maxia Givi box with light kit, Garmin Quest 2, Givi windscreen, Airhawk seat cushion, Cat "O-ring" cruise control, Grip Puppies, Nolan N-102 modular,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Turbo Poster

You never reported back! Being 84 I can not reach the back tire to measure the air pressure.

Givi V46 top case with Admore LED tail/stop/directional signals
Modulator headlights
Break-Away cruise control
Hyper stoplight to replace reflector under the license plate
Oznium LED's
Utopia backrest
Garmin Nuvi 1490 GPS with Ram mount
Cramp Buster
X-Large Clearview windscreen
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Insane Poster

Mine is going strong after 3 years and one battery change on the sensors ( should have done it earlier )

and it is accurate.

Amazon.com: Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Automotive Amazon.com: Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Jan to April
Australia> 04 KLR650 • 93 ST1100 sold • Canada > 09 Burgman Exec sold • 10 NT700v sold • 10 Wee ABS • 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS
Travel photos>

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Insane Poster

Display seems a bit big and I see the same comments from other owners.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Insane Poster

Its big enough to be easily visible - do you ever have a positive comment about anything ??? Gets tiresome.

This has worked perfectly for thress years and is visible and accurate and backlit. I just kept it in the glove box and would check from time to time.
Now it sits in a pocket on my tank bag.

Those are valve caps FFS....it's not very big.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Jan to April
Australia> 04 KLR650 • 93 ST1100 sold • Canada > 09 Burgman Exec sold • 10 NT700v sold • 10 Wee ABS • 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS
Travel photos>
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Mac. I find that I don't check the pressure as often as I would like to due to all the known reasons that I do not need to rehash here. Two questions please. Will I need to get the tires balanced? Where did you mount yours and with what? Velcro, adhesive, etc. I have the 400, but I could use your idea at least to a certain extent. Thanks for the link.

Blue AN400 K7
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Nelson Rigg 850 Saddle Bags
Boulevard C50T K8
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Insane Poster

Amazing...maybe scold all those on Amazon that mentioned the display being too big, also.
jjkz24 likes this.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:56 PM
Turbo Poster

Question Tire pressure monitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanB View Post
I know a little bit about this subject.

First, the two quoted systems in the original post are (when available) a big buck solution to a simple problem - so not suitable for $$ concious owners.

The valve cap pressure monitorsare ideal for motorcycles but they have had their problems in the past. Largely because the distribution chain 'leaked' and cheap less than adequate quality from Chinese origin entered the supply chain - and it is difficult from the packaging to determine the good from the dodgy.

I am aware there will be a much improved model available in early 2007 produced by a UK company which will be fully TUV approved. They have a US partner who will distribute in the States.

I have agreed to do some customer trials for them.

Wes - the right angle valve stems you are talking about - were they rubber or metal bodied?
I am still trying to find the valve cap monitors recommended for motorcycles. Years ago I found them on Ebay. They had the PSI number on the top. I bought 42 PSI for the rear and 34 for the front. They only came in even numbers. Any suggestions where I could find them??

Givi V46 top case with Admore LED tail/stop/directional signals
Modulator headlights
Break-Away cruise control
Hyper stoplight to replace reflector under the license plate
Oznium LED's
Utopia backrest
Garmin Nuvi 1490 GPS with Ram mount
Cramp Buster
X-Large Clearview windscreen
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Insane Poster

This makes a lot of sense to me for the $$$

https://my-fobo.com/product/fobobike
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Turbo Poster

Really, how hard is it to check the pressure with a $5 digital gauge once a week and check the rubber for wear and damage check the oil window and underside for leaks while there.

As far as I know there is no device yet to check the latter items, so you have to get down there anyway.
G-Bo likes this.

Oct 2015 purchased 2007 Phantom Grey Metallic AN650 - 7000 miles
Feb 2016 and have done more miles in 5 months than the previous owner did in 8 years.
Mar 2016 3 MC tires in 17500 miles then went Darkside - Federal Formosa FD1 165/60r 14 - now 8000 miles in and finding it far superior to the MC tyre's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.