Tire pressure monitoring - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Sorry Wes - but I had my right angle valves (metal) fitted so they point towards the final drive and away from the brake calipers- much easier to access!

An expert = ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.
AN650AL0 (new toy)
AN650K4 (Av 44mpUSG) (Sold 11/4/2010)
AN400 - 2001 (Sold 8/13/05)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Wes
Missed but Remembered

Yeah, Norman, I have mine the same on the back. It's the front one that was hitting the caliper and it doesn't matter which way you point it. I have it pointed to the right which is easier to reach when it's on the side stand. Sure a lot easier to service than the stock ones anyhow.

Wes Jackson
Nanaimo BC
Canada

Silver '04 650 - My Evil Twin (written off)
HOG Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Here's another option for tire pressure monitoring caps. This looks promising, but I find the delta P in the various color changes a bit high, do you agree with that?

http://www.quik-chek.info/product.htm

The good thing about them is that they only read the tire pressure when you press the top. That allows the regular valve to do its job, preventing air loss from a poorly sealed cap that is always under pressure.

PJ
Scoot's name: Alfie
E52 Maxia Givi box with light kit, Garmin Quest 2, Givi windscreen, Airhawk seat cushion, Cat "O-ring" cruise control, Grip Puppies, Nolan N-102 modular,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Super Poster

I got some "Tire Minders" from this site:

http://www.tireminder.ca/

They have been FLAWLESS in operation for over a year. The only "hassle" is that if you can't see the valve stem on the front wheel because it happens to be hidden by the fender, you have to roll the scooter forward or back to check it. Rear tire stem is easy to check because I always use the center stand in the garage.

When I posted this previously, someone opined that they MUST be checked regularly because they've been known to leak. That has NOT been my experience.

'05 Burgman 650 BLUE, Clearview L, Comagination headlight modulator, Givi E52 w/brakelight kit, Jac Vinson Backrest and non-skid pocket liners, Airhawk Medium
Previous bikes:
1981 Honda Goldwing Interstate
1972 Honda CB500
1968 Honda CL175

BOB
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgBass
I got some "Tire Minders" from this site:

http://www.tireminder.ca/

They have been FLAWLESS in operation for over a year. The only "hassle" is that if you can't see the valve stem on the front wheel because it happens to be hidden by the fender, you have to roll the scooter forward or back to check it. Rear tire stem is easy to check because I always use the center stand in the garage.

When I posted this previously, someone opined that they MUST be checked regularly because they've been known to leak. That has NOT been my experience.
You must have bought the same model as I did. The self hiding model. It seems that no matter how I stop the bike, the stem is always where you can't see it.

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

From the TireMinder site:
Quote:
How often do I need to replace the Tire Minder?
As a general "suggestion" you may consider replacing them each spring or annually on your birthday.
Were you aware of this?

Also they mention the sale of two "matched" caps. I wonder if they're available for 33psi and 41psi (unmatched) as required on the 650? I guess I'll have to drop them a line.

PJ
E52 Maxia Givi box with light kit, Garmin Quest 2, Givi windscreen, Airhawk seat cushion, Cat "O-ring" cruise control, Grip Puppies, Nolan N-102 modular,

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman
From the TireMinder site:
Quote:
How often do I need to replace the Tire Minder?
As a general "suggestion" you may consider replacing them each spring or annually on your birthday.
Were you aware of this?

Also they mention the sale of two "matched" caps. I wonder if they're available for 33psi and 41psi (unmatched) as required on the 650? I guess I'll have to drop them a line.
Check the link I had in my earlier post. They are available individually in various psi.

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Super Poster

Both my cars have onboard tire pressure monitoring and I believe this feature will become mandatory on all cars. The cost of the sensors, which are integrated into the valve stems, is pretty reasonable. Motorcycles would be a good application for this technology seeing as how maintaining the correct tire pressure is even more critical on a bike.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

hatburger: Right you are the TireMinders being available as single units. I should've read the third line......

I guess I'll go and buy a 2 or 3 sets if they recommend them to be changed yearly. But since I only use the scooter 6 or 7 months, I'll probably go to a 2 year replacement schedule and remove them during the winter storage period.

Thanks for setting me straight.

PJ

PJ

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 01:22 PM

Has anyone here tried the SmarTire product?

http://www.smartire.com/products/motorcycles/index.html

Only $199

Curt Fargo
------------

Burgman 650 w/sidecar
2-Vespa GTS250ie
Vespa LX150

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.