Givi XS318 Tunnel Bag - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Givi XS318 Tunnel Bag

Well, the tunnel bag is here. Givi XS318. Super short mini review (first impressions):
  • Standard high-quality that one expects from Givi. Materials and quality are nice.
  • The "window" on top of the bag just barely fits my iPhone 5 inside its Lifeproof Nuud case. No WAY will it hold anything bigger, like my future iPhone 6 Plus (or 7, or whatever). I would not use it for GPS functionality though, due to the "eyes off the road" issue
  • A device in the "window compartment" could be powered via a cord to a battery inside the main bag compartment
  • I verified I can operate my iPhone through the plastic window
  • A small portion of the inside volume of the bag is taken up by the rain cover, which is accessed via an external zipped pouch
  • The exterior side-zippered pockets are decently roomy and I can see them having utility to hold toll road money, a small gun, or other such things. You MIGHT be able to put (up to) a one liter bottle of water in there, and leave it unzipped, and use that as a cup-holder of sorts. It will fit - a tall bottle might be unstable (top heavy), but a shorter one would very likely be OK
  • I'm pretty sure I can fit some kind of buckles to my TMAX, to secure the bag
  • I notice the "throw the leg over" issue more than I thought I might - but I think it is probably manageable for touring
  • If I had the bag completely stuffed, I may not be able to access the little "storage cubbies" in my dash, and possibly it would interfere with the fuel opening. However, if it is not completely stuffed, I can "smoosh" the bag enough out of the way to access any of these
Overall, I could go either way with the bag. My gut feeling is that at $125, it's an extravagance and probably not necessary if you already have saddle bags and top box. I don't want to pay to return it though, and I will probably get some use out of it. I will know more once I get back from my fall trip (:

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 07-17-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Super Poster

Sorry, if you don't mind, what model/year of Burgman is it attached to. I've got a 2014 650.
thanks
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_YYZ View Post
Sorry, if you don't mind, what model/year of Burgman is it attached to. I've got a 2014 650.
thanks
It's not. It is on a TMAX 500 (:

I guess I forgot to attach the picts (:

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 02-26-2016 at 07:18 PM.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Well, rats!

Today I went to three different places (REI, Joanne's and Michael's) to look for buckles that would work with this thing. All three had them, but they would not lock into place into the "female" buckles on the bag. They would slide in, but just not lock into place.

I tried 3/4" - which seemed to be the right size, as they fit snugly. But they would not lock in. So either Givi is using some oddball buckle, or maybe they are using a "metric" buckle that is just enough different that an "imperial" one will not work.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Super Poster

I only use mine on long trips. The burgy has made me too lazy to throw a leg over the seat.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 04:55 PM
Insane Poster

I guess it's not a Step Through Scooter anymore, with a tunnel bag, although my B400 isn't really a Step Through Scooter in the first place.

My next project is to make a drink holder, for the "tunnel". Of course, a snap to remove so I can fuel up.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
2008 red B400
OTHER vehicles- 1997 Saturn SL, 2002 Haro mountain bike
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:18 PM

Garage
I love the bag, great to go shopping with, just sits there, I don't attach it so I just lift out, hold n throw my leg through. Not an issue throwing legs any wheres.

2014 Burgman 650
24,000 MILES
Daily Commute: 50 miles

Last edited by wl7cpa; 09-02-2015 at 07:27 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the review and info. I am looking at getting one too, or maybe this model "Givi Easy Range EA105 Scooter Tunnel Bag" Some reviews show this model also working with the Vespa 300 which I also own. Would be nice to have a bag I can use on both. Does anyone have this EA105 model?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Insane Poster

Seems like priced quite high for what you get but I suppose if you don't want to run a topbox it is an easy way to carry and is cheaper than a topbox. I prefer to have the tunnel area open.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 02:05 AM

I had a Givi Tunnel bag for the 650AN 2010. I made up some hooks in stainless sheet with dome receivers rivet to them. These went under the engine compartment cover. Worked well. But the reality is with under the seat full 10kg and the top box also 10kg then with two up we are within reach of the maximum load. For this load consideration reason I've not purchased a Givi XS318. On the other hand it would be nice to have for shorter trips, although on the 2010 we were away for more than a week at a time and managed without it before buying one.

So far longer trips on the 2013 have all been with the trailer so plenty of room.

I understand the fastening arrangement supplied is to suit the 2013+ models. Is any user able to confirm?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camp at Westport - Carters Beach Motor Camp.jpg (292.0 KB, 50 views)
John Holbrook likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.