New 2014 Honda Forza 300 Scooter - Page 3 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Super Poster

From someone who has owned a few Silver Wings and now has a new Forza:

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.ph...8e90adb3d3419b

"Honda definitely has a Winner on it's hands with this one.....Fantastic handling, more stability at speed than a Silver Wing, great braking (Large discs front and rear), firm suspension, comfy seat, full instrumentation (clock, tach, trip, etc.), 3 gallon gas tank, integral turn signals, large rear passenger grab rail, engine, swingarm, battery are all carried super low in relation to the axle centerlines, wide, sticky tires...the List goes on and on...there is even a "pop-off" panel to install the rear Trunk brackets.....

"In my opinion", this is hands down, Honda's finest Scooter to date, whether stacked up against a Metro, Silver Wing, and Everything in between. It does it all with Great Looks and Storage. You also have more of a "sit-down-in-it" feel than the "scooter-familiar-perched-on-top-of-it" feel...the center of gravity definitely feels much better than the PCX producing almost "gyro-feel" cornering (engine, 3 gallon gas tank, and battery location all help, coupled with the large, firm shocks and forks)...did it make me dislike my PCX150, "no", but it relegates it to the "Number 2 Slot" for sure. This thing is waaaay more than enough Scooter for cross-country Touring Trips, yet mild handling enough for urban commuting...Honda didn't just touch all the bases with the Forza, They knocked it out of the park in every category....THANKS Honda.....!!!!!!!!!....."
gec343 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Insane Poster

I was glad to see the Honda Reflex back in America, with a bigger engine and the Japanese market name attached. It's not a giant Get-away-from-it-all-while-towing-it-all-behind-you-in-a-trailer sort of behemoth, but it should have plenty of power for normal touring duties.
I wonder if the old aftermarket Reflex windshields will fit...
post #23 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 03:05 PM

I still kind of yearn for the butt ugly Honda Helix and will likely go in that direction. I think what is missed in the beauty queens like this one is the storage capacity of the Helix. I want enough power for around town which around 250cc seems to provide. I want maneuverability which I've always been suspect of when it comes to something like the Suzuki Burgman, and I want storage for grocery trips, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Insane Poster

I got to sit on one of these at the Dallas Motorcycle show. Nice looking scoot but not designed for someone with my 33 inch inseam. Not much room to stretch the legs out.

--- Craig AKA Cliffhanger----
"Big Red" 2007 Red Executive - 135,601 miles
"Little Blue" 2006 Blue 400S - 47,746 miles
"STING" 05 B650 gone but not forgotten, RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 04:15 PM

Spent quite a bit of time on one riding round London, and it's a great higher powered city scooter (by city I mean old European cities with narrow streets and lots of weaving in and out of traffic ) but the stock screen is useless above 30mph, and it is quite cramped for bigger people, or on longer rides.

Great scooter, but not in anyway a rival for a Burgman 400' very different animals.
post #26 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Super Poster

I have seen and sat on the Forza. My wife, who is only 5' tall had thought about trading her beautiful 2013 Honda PCX 150 for it, until she tried to sit on it. There was no way that she could touch the ground. I sat on it, thinking that I might consider trading down from my 400, which I love. Nope. It has a very wide seat which is uncomfortable for some, and the dash is not as streamlined as that of the 400. Interestingly enough, I tried out a new Burgman 400 and a 650 and found that the seats on both had been widened slightly from the 2006 that I own. Though they were still comfortable, I preferred the older 650 to either of the newest ones. As for the Forza, I think that it may be fast and comfortable to some, but to others I think it will be too bulky and the seat will be too high for height challenged people. By the way, my wife can ride my 400. It is just a little to much for a smaller individual to handle in tight city traffic. She loves it on the highway though...but she is a marvel on her PCX 150, which is now freeway certified in California, so she takes it on the freeways here as well, since it tops out close to 70 mph.

Last edited by Mel46; 11-19-2013 at 07:38 PM.
post #27 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Insane Poster

Finally dealers got it in South Canada -- nicely made, but small... very small. No-no for touring

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)
post #28 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Super Poster

I bought it. Had it for 3.5 weeks. Got 700 miles on it. One trip was 348 miles with one stop for fuel. Best scooter stock seat I ever sat on. It is wide. I like wide seat. If you don't then you'd need to replace or trim it. Scooter is narrow. Not as smooth as my B650. More nimble. Solid at highway speeds. 1st 200 miles with stock screen. Oh yes, the new taller screen does make a HUGE difference in this winter weather. AVG 68.5 mpg so far. Storage under the seat is interrupted in the middle by the battery hump. 2 full face helmets will fit, BUT only if you fit them right. Seat hump keeps you from stretching out, but after market seats or upholsterer can do away with that. But that hump/butt rest was a problem on the Burgy too. Front left pocket is big enough to put 2 cans of pledge, rags, my cell, and my mini compressor in. Also a power socket in the pocket, but rated at 1.5 Amp I think. Right pocket is small. Gas gauge stays on full for 45 miles then moves down to empty pretty quick, but you still have a gallon when the needle hits bottom. Speedo? Same as everyone else. Plenty of power. Pillion is too small/uncomfortable for long distance with stock seat. Will do 90 indicated....not verified, but I think that it is about 84 mph actual. You can have any color you want in the USA as long as it is RED. Very well lit analog dash with mpg/odo being digital. Rear shocks are no good. Front ok. Easy to work on. Accessories still very limited. Mirrors need extensions. Horn and turn signals are reversed. I hit the turn indicator often trying to honk the horn at neighbors. I just about got the hang of it now. Handle bars are closer than the Burger or Silverwing.
post #29 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Turbo Poster

I wish you had a better report on the passenger seat. She sits up so high on my 400 Burg that she catches all the wind, and at stop lights, I struggle with the top heaviness with a passenger!

post #30 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
A 279cc engine in a scooter with a 422 pound curb weight ?

I would call that **** for brains on Honda's part .

Right now there are a few places selling 2012 Silverwings for $5,999
I would buy one of those a hundred times of this thing .

TheReaper!
The Forzna 300engine cranks out a maximum power of 24.5 HP and 19 ft-lbs of torque, while not bad for a 279cc engine.

That is 17.22 Lbs per H.P. so power to weight ratio is high, gearing & shift points can compensate some what. but mpg will suffer if to much aggressive gearing/shift points are used.

My 2005' Burgman 650 is 613 LBS & 54H.p. = 11.35 lbs /H.P. and approx 51 mpg us

My 2012' Honda NC700X is 472 Lbs, & 51 H.p. = 9.25 lbs /H.p. and my NC700X gets 80.37 mpg US

So my 700X is 30 lbs heavier the the forzna 300,

But my 700X has double the H.P. of that on the 300 and the torque is much higher and at a really low rpm.

The 422-Lb Forza gets up to 60 mph in about 11 seconds and pushes on to a top of 90 mph - more than enough for the open road for most commuter needs - at which point the engine is doing 8,000-odd rpm but remains perfectly refined and doesn't feel ragged or out of breath at all. However there were times, especially uphill, when I felt it could have done with a few more horses.

My NC700X 0-60 is 4.9 sec 0-60.

That said, I like scooters, and would probably like the 300 Forza, Ill bet it is a nice comfortable ride, My NC700x is one if not the most comfortable bike i have ridden, I have had a LOT of bikes!!! I mean a LOT!!!! of bikes

2013 NC700X 82mpg average
2005 Silverwing 600 5k miles
650NC, NAKED CRUISER, Low Single Seat as light as Possible,
2005 Burgman 650, DarkSide Federal Formosa FD1, 165/60R14 75H, 460 treadwear 1K Miles
Madstad Windshield 26"H x 22"W
Race Tech Front Fork springs, Gold Emulator, 15w
Rear shocks, Progressive 412 Rear Shocks 14.250" aol
Bestem 2012 Top box, Isuzu back rest, dual Fiaam 132dbl Horns w/relay.
Surprised 54.73 mpg last tank of gas for B650
current bike's
Goldwings several different years, I have to many bikes currently

Last edited by westgl; 01-05-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.