New 2014 Honda Forza 300 Scooter - Page 10 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 100 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecalderone View Post
The suspension is too stiff front and back. Making back shock adjustment is no help.
That may be perfect for me then - I LIKE STIFF! I hate the soft suspension of my Burg 400. I also have seen several shocks listed for the Forza from Chinese cheap to Italian expensive, so if the factory shocks don't work I can replace them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Super Poster

How does the leg room compare between the Burgman 400 and the Forza? I am 6'1" 220lbs. With a 34" inseam.
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Super Poster

I am 5'8" 30"inseam and I find it very comfortable.
The Burgman 400 had more legroom then the Forza.
I have read many posts on the PCXForum that 6' people do fine the Forza comfortable and they can put thier feet up on the slant and flat down without hitting the dash.
But owning both, the Forza is a smaller bike.

2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Burgman AN650K5 (Sold)
2009 Burgman AN400K9 (Sold)

post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 05:20 PM

I've recently joined burgmanusa, as I'm thinking of getting a b400. I've got some test rides booked, but reading this thread has got me real worried. Most people seem to think the forza and the b400 are very similar. I had a forza as a loaner whilst my bike was in for a service, and it sucked big time. It was so cramped (i'm 6 ft) and I couldn't get comfortable on it at all. It had piss poor performance, so handling was not an issue, nor was braking. I was very glad to give it back. Perhaps, if they are so similar, a b400 is not for me
post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingweasel View Post
I've recently joined burgmanusa, as I'm thinking of getting a b400. I've got some test rides booked, but reading this thread has got me real worried. Most people seem to think the forza and the b400 are very similar. I had a forza as a loaner whilst my bike was in for a service, and it sucked big time. It was so cramped (i'm 6 ft) and I couldn't get comfortable on it at all. It had piss poor performance, so handling was not an issue, nor was braking. I was very glad to give it back. Perhaps, if they are so similar, a b400 is not for me
Well - most of the Forza riders on this thread think highly of the bike, yet, based on your own experience, you think it sucks. Maybe your opinion is different than 'most people.' The specs say they are different - 120 more cc's, higher compression/DOHC, double disks up front, longer wheelbase on the B400. Only your test ride with tell you if they are similar.

Jeff
AN650L4 in MMFG (Gray) Givi V47, Clearview
AN400K8 in Black, Givi AirFlow
'12 Vespa LXV150 in Portofino Green for the wife

AN400K5 in Blue (sold)
AN650K5 in Silver (sold)
AN650K7 in Gray (sold)

a Burgman rider since Aug. 28, 2005

Last edited by jeff_MDR; 09-22-2015 at 05:49 PM.
post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Insane Poster

We've got a serious speeding up North here, on some hwys people do not less than 80 mph. Forza is not even an option. The 400 is just fine, at least this year. If this tendency continues however, it could be 90 mph next year, so that would be tough even for the middle Burgie

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)
post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 02:30 AM

Thanks for the replies - as you say the b400 _IS_ bigger, so will have more get-up-and-go. I've got test rides this weekend, so we'll see
post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
My take on the Forza 300! First of all, here's a list of my former "Scooter Street-Cred" Rides:

TNG Verona 150
Kymco People S200
Kymco People S250
Suzuki Burgman 400
Honda Ruckus 50
Yamaha Zuma 125
Kymco People GTi300
Honda Big Ruckus PS250

Current Ride: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS

At 6'1", 30" Inseam, and 250+#, the Forza fits me just fine! I don't take Long Road Trips anymore, and just bounce around the Local Area here. I don't ride Highways, and just take the Backroads. More fun, and less of a traffic hassle!

I've had "Red October", for just over a month now (It's RED... like all of the other American Models... and I bought it in October..... Hence..... RED OCTOBER.....), and it's a FANTASTIC Scooter. for my needs! I've made a few Mods to both, Make it mine... and, Make it Comfortable! I do believe I have met my Goal!

My List of Former Scooters above, are in the Order that I bought them. The strange Downsizing from the Burgman 400, to the Ruckus 50, was after a 2-Yr Medical Hiatus, when I couldn't Ride for a couple of years. When I started back again in 2011, I started out Small (50cc), and weened my way back up again, as you can see.

Anyway, after Riding the Big Ruckus PS250 for almost two years, I REALLLLLY needed something with ABS. Compared to the BR's Disc Front & Drum Rear Brakes, the Forza's Front/Rear Disc & added ABS, can stop me on a DIME! I live in a Tourist & Retirement Town, and if it's not the Tourist's trying to hit you, it's the Local Q-Tips driving their Boat-Sized Cars.

I actually had looked at the Burg 200, but when I sat on it, there was no way to get my 6'1" Frame comfortable on that thing, without having to Mod the Seat by an Upholsterer. It just didn't fit right, so I scratched that one off of my Short-List.

I was seriously thinking about the Matte Gray Burg 400 ABS, and even made an offer. They wouldn't even come down a Single $ off of the MSRP, and to add insult to injury, they Low-Balled the **** out of my Trade-In, the BR. It's not like I was a New Customer or anything..... I had been Shopping there for 9 years! I even bought my Former Burg 400 from them! They became to Big for their Britches, when they started carrying the CAN-AM Line of Spyders and ATVs. So, I scratched not only the Burg 400 from my Short-List too, but the Suzuki Dealer as well! NO MORE $$$ FROM ME!

I've been dealing with the Honda Dealer, for the same amount of time, 9 years. They've always been OUTSTANDING in both Sales & Service, and have ALWAYS treated me right.

They gave me a very, very good Trade-In Value for my BR, and gave me an EXCELLENT Price on the FORZA ABS Model, including an additional $500 off, for a Honda Promo. Hard to pass up that deal.

The Forza is powerful enough to move me forward faster than I expected, and is the Quietest & Smoothest Scooter I have ever ridden! The Brakes are Awesome, the Power & Performance are incredible for a 279cc, and it's extremely Well-Balanced! Having put 14K Miles on my Former Burg 400, I'm REALLY Glad I went with the Forza this time. It's 61# less than the Burg 400, and the Weight difference is quite noticeable. It's got the same size Tires as the Burg 400, 14 & 13, and possibly..... because of the less weight..... it's more Agile in turns and zipping around Road Debris. Super-Flickable!

Here are a few pics, of what I've done to it, during the month Medical Down-Time I had last month, while it sat in my garage, Unridden:

MALOSSI SHOCKS:

GIVI WINDSHIELD:

I Removed the Butt Pad, and using the existing Bolt Holes, I attached my Biker's Friend Roll Bag as a Backrest, and added a Givi B37 Trunk with Forza-Givi Mounting Plate.

She's a KEEPER!

Cheers!

BB

“The Floggings will continue until Morale improves!”

2005 Honda Big Ruckus 250
Looking at & Test-Ride a Burgman 200 on 9/29/15
post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Insane Poster

Forza is not bad -- but you can't compare it with Burgman really. Completely different target markets.

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)
post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Insane Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to gec343
After reading all 99 opinions, I'm thinking of possibly downsizing to a new Forza. Note to self, test ride a Forza in the Spring, which cannot arrive too soon. My local Honda dealer is top notch, Suzuki, not so much!

2007 Burgman Executive (Lady Burgman) SOLD
2014 Burgman UH200 (Baby Burgman) 1000 miles
2010 Honda Gold Wing/ABS
1977 BMW R100/7 (bought new)
Whizzer Motorbike

Previous scooters: 52 Cushman, 58 Allstate Crusaire, Honda Elite 80

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.