HONDA DN-01 - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Poster

Default HONDA DN-01

Has anyone taken a Honda DN-01 for a ride or read a decent review of the bike ? Just curious up here in cold Toronto.
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Poster

Send a message via AIM to Barok Send a message via Yahoo to Barok
Default Re: HONDA DN-01

Do you folks already have it up there in North America???

We have it here in Asia already BUT most of us outside of Japan are still waiting for reviews. Ive seen it in person & my opinion is "Wow"!!! 700cc, Tiptonic Transmission, Bigbike looks. I'd probably wait till early next year to get updates on it...

Click on the link below for pics...

http://fr.images.search.yahoo.com/se...b&fr=slv8-acer
Old 12-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Bike Type: 07 650 Executive and 06 400S

I think the DN-01 is going to be one of those love it or hate it bikes as far as looks go. When I first saw pictures of it I though it looked good. When I actually saw one at the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas I wasn't so impressed. It's lines looked all out of whack with the front to massive and the back to small and the whole bike had kind of a squished down look.
"STING" 05 B650 gone but not forgotten, RIP
My Gallery
Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo
I think the DN-01 is going to be one of those love it or hate it bikes as far as looks go. When I first saw pictures of it I though it looked good. When I actually saw one at the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas I wasn't so impressed. It's lines looked all out of whack with the front to massive and the back to small and the whole bike had kind of a squished down look.
+1 I saw one at the show in Long Beach today and thought exactly the same thing. I loved it in pictures, in person not so much. It was drawing lots of interest but from the conversations I heard motorcyclists were sneering and calling it a scooter. Others (possibly scooterists?) were bemoaning it's lack of storage. Everyone seemed to agree on the price though
2008 SYM HD200
Alter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Poster

What's interesting is that it is already a production bike and on the Honda website, even in Canada. But..finding riding reviews are difficult to find on the internet. I came across one actual review of someone taking it out for a ride. The review was not very deatiled however. All the other sited I came across were just the Honda specifications repeated over and over again. The only thing I was able to conclude, is that the seat and body position are very poor. The foot rest appears too far up front putting the rider's weight and posture in an unnatural position. Will have to wait to see it (and sit on ?) at the Toornto Motorcycel Show next week.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Bike Type: 07 650 Executive and 06 400S

If it is like it was at the Dallas show you won't be able to sit on it. The only one they had in Dallas was up on a raised roped off platform so all you could do is look at it.
"STING" 05 B650 gone but not forgotten, RIP
My Gallery
Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Poster

One of the things i like about my Burgman is the verticle windscreen which directs the wind from my face. the DN1 looks nice but i don't like catching bugs in the face or helmet visor.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Poster

Look's like it would be possible to fit luggage to the DN-01:
DN-01 Panniers
Givi Monorack instr1
Givi Monorack
Givi panniers & top case

Now, for an aftermarket windscreen and leg shields - - - - or, just buy a FSC 600 and save a lot of currency.
vortexau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo
+1. Just saw and sat on one at the International Show in Greenville SC last weekend. Not impressed with the lines at all. Rider position felt "wrong".

Now if they would put the transmission on a ST1300 or Wing, you might have something
Old 02-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Poster

An automatic Goldwing has been rumored . . . but the years pass by!

Rumor Time: Honda Goldwing Automatic ?

Gold Wing Automatic?
Quote:
. . . a production automatic transmission, already seen in the DN-01, and the Evo 6 concept (which features a Gold Wing engine and an automatic transmission) have understandably made this rumor stronger.
Spannerman compares the GL1800 to the Toyota Corolla and a Nissan Tiida (Note: Prices listed are Australian RRP, and the present exchange rate is 1.00 AUD = 0.646677 USD)
vortexau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.