The 7 Best Electric Scooters: From Prototypes to Production - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Turbo Poster

Default The 7 Best Electric Scooters: From Prototypes to Production

These don't do anything for me, but I thought some might be interested. Not until I can tour the country with one anyway.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/06 ... models.php
Nelson Rigg CL-850 saddlebags
3 Brothers backrest extension
Purple ButtBuffer
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/db297/My+Burgman_001/
db297 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Default Re: The 7 Best Electric Scooters: From Prototypes to Production

I like the Ikoo best. No pretense, no wannabe-vespa body work to weigh it down. Just straight-forward transportation.
The Rider fold up trike might be fun, too.

Claude
Tokkyu40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm intriqued with that Vectrix. Maybe because it looks so much like a Burgman. My ride to work each day is under 5 miles, and this Vectrix just might do the trick. The few issues I have with it is: The cost - almost $10,000. Wow. The other is the top speed of 62 mph. I travel on some roads of 55 mph speed limits; so of course, unless you're doing almost 60, you'll be run over. I'd be running max-out at those speeds. But yeah, if the price would come down a few thousand, I think I would give it a serious look-see. (And with my employer's outdoor electrical connection -- I wouldn't even have to charge it at home!). If I had farther to travel to work though -- then the Vectrix would not interest me at all (with its published 35 to 55 mile charge range).
lamontk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

The reverse is really neat. I got to road test one & when you're moving you can slow down by twisting the throttle backwards.
That should really save on break pads. When you are stopped it works as a reverse gear.
My problems with it are the origanal cost, the cost when you will need to replace the batteries & the limited number of places to get it worked on.
I have an electric bicycle & I am already well aware of those problems.

It just occured to me that if your ride to work is only five miles that an electric bicycle might just be perfect. (I could make you a very good deal on one.)
gruntled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Twisting the throttle reverses the polarity of the motor, so it charges the battery as you brake. Regenerative braking helps stretch your city range.

Claude
Tokkyu40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntled
It just occured to me that if your ride to work is only five miles that an electric bicycle might just be perfect. (I could make you a very good deal on one.)
Thanks for the offer. If I lived closer to you, and it was a few months on down the calendar -- I would seriously think about it. But yeah, if the price would drop on these electric cycles and if the speed could be brought up just a touch for short distances then yeah - I would give an electric cycle/scoot serious thought.
lamontk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.