• 2 Post By Liamjs
  • 2 Post By Heedehcheenuh
  • 3 Post By Rusty J
  • 1 Post By sc00ter
  • 2 Post By Heedehcheenuh

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

2017 Suzuki Burgman UH200

I hope I got the title correct. I finally got set to get myself a Burgman either May-July this year and think I will go with the baby Burgman 200. From all the research I have done I think it will work for me.

Introduction:
Chuck D will do
Heedehcheenuh (Heedeh-Sun) (Cheenuh-Bird) Native American
Hit the big 50 in Dec. 2016 ... heck yeah half way home lol
Height - 5' 9" / 175cm
Inseam -32" / 81.28 cm
Weight - 187 lbs / 84 kg

I am disabled with R.A. stage 3-4 (Rheumatoid Arthritis).

With the Burgman 200 being able to run 75-85 mph / 120-136kph she can run the open roads here in South Carolina with out any issues. I do not intend to run internet speeds if I can help it but she can keep pace on the interstate here. My issue was with my feet and the R.A. but that does not seem to be as bad as I thought it would be. I live in a small town pop. 3,000 and 8 miles from either direction to the next town(s). Now the bang for the buck is what is going to win me over here. Honda Forza 300 cost more yet the Burgman cost less the quality is just as good. Tao-Toa brand is a no-no brand for me, I am an old school mechanic but not able to perform maint and repairs as I did 5-10 years ago. Honda PCX 150 .... nice, very nice but not enough highway speed. Kymco is getting there but 2018 models are changing the line up and price over name brand quality.

Now we need to find links and connections to all the accessories we can and link them for upgrades. I see variator kits to luggage to dress up K/N filters to others goodies for all the other brands but no links and connections for the Burgmans. Taller wider mirrors, hard cases, trim, windscreens, phone-cup-gps-camera mounts, handle bar replacement (would love to see a Burgman 200-400-650 with chrome bars) wind deflectors, floor boards, etc. I have a friend (Suzuki Bike Rider) who wraps emergency vehicles and signs so he can make a wrap kit for me (Do not like the ???Brown/Bronze?? color this year) and he will put reflective wrap on for me. I have thought about doing the trike conversion but I do not need it yet.

Give some feed back chime in and lets have some fun.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on .....

I do plan on doing 200 mile one way runs and 500 mile round trip runs. 2 hours from Myrtle Beach and 2 hours from the Mountains lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old poot wanting a scoot lol
Burgman 200 for the win!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Any mod can move this to the proper thread. I see the Under 399cc thread and it may need to go to it. smh Old age and bad vision lol

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Burgman 200 for the win!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:09 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Great buy and enjoy the ride. Be safe!
Heedehcheenuh likes this.

SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Insane Poster

Hey slow down there a bit. Relax and enjoy the ride first. No need to mod out until you've given the bike a chance to shine. Getting there is half the fun after all.

I haven't heard many reports in the 200's seat, but they are notoriously bad on all stock bikes, Burgmans in particular. To which you might want to consider an Airhawk seat pad, best investment for the money in my book. Take some long trips and then decide what's next.

Congratulations, by all accounts, it's a fine bike. And Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.
gec343 and Heedehcheenuh like this.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunN16 View Post
Great buy and enjoy the ride. Be safe!
Will try! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjs View Post
Hey slow down there a bit. Relax and enjoy the ride first. No need to mod out until you've given the bike a chance to shine. Getting there is half the fun after all.

I haven't heard many reports in the 200's seat, but they are notoriously bad on all stock bikes, Burgmans in particular. To which you might want to consider an Airhawk seat pad, best investment for the money in my book. Take some long trips and then decide what's next.

Congratulations, by all accounts, it's a fine bike. And Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

If and when I get the baby Burgman it will have to do. My funding will be all there is to work with at that time and I hope to catch the Spring/Summer offers as SSDI will be all I have to work with and around (shrug). Being an old veteran I can adapt and over come (USAF). My ride times may consist of 30 mins. - 1hr. at a time with a break in between the next run due to the R.A.
After I get her I will trial run her around here into the country 3-5 mile shots to get adjusted and figure out my fishing pole mount lol. I understand about the enjoy the ride part but I am going to catch the devil and bugs from grinning so much. On Tuesdays I will hit the local cruise in I have fun at and try to rub shoulders with my hot rod buddies again. Yes I will hear it from the bike riders but I can handle them ... even my H.D. buddies.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
gec343 and ducati14 like this.

Burgman 200 for the win!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:51 AM
Insane Poster

I've got a 2016. It's a great little big scooter.
The seat is surprisingly tolerable. A 32" inseam means you're probably ok for leg-room.

Get a helmet with good sound insulation. The windshield provides good coverage, but the airflow from it can be noisy with the wrong helmet.

It'll do 65 MPH comfortably, with enough left over to keep from being run over by tailgaters.

I've written a bit on the 200 on the <399cc forum, look up those posts for more details. Good luck!
gec343, Foxyrhei and Heedehcheenuh like this.

Not all who wander lack GPS.
Whir-chirp-chirp, purr...

Last edited by Rusty J; 02-23-2017 at 04:54 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Super Poster

Welcome to the baby Burgman club! First, someone needs to move this to 399cc and below, but this will work for now. I dont know how to post pictures, but I have tried the PUIG (its for sale) and OEM taller windshields. I have two awesome cup holders. Rear trunk. Heated grips, etc. My wife finds the passenger area comfortable. Currently battling a transmission issue but still riding it. Just barely hit 11,000 miles in the first year of ownership. I have done a series of mini reviews on this site and looking to add more. Leg wind deflectors and a aftermarket variator. Oh, and if you ever head to Kitty Hawk, NC hit me up. We loiter in Grandy NC a lot playing pinball, and Kitty Hawk is not that far.
Heedehcheenuh likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Trying not to be impatient. So ready to get it and enjoy the ride. This perfect weather we have had as of late in South Carolina makes me want to ride lol
I will still have to get my endorsement but I have all the time in the world. I may end up getting tires first thing .... as I will run the ones on it off the first 6 months lol

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Burgman 200 for the win!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Just got off the phone with a dealer on the 2014 Burgman 200 in Fayetteville N.C. It is in stock and they are ready to make me a deal. Come on $$$$ let me ride lol ! I told the sales person I wanted the bike a helmet jacket and gloves. I am so ready to ride and would ride even with the snow show this weekend lol (South Carolina has snow in bound this weekend) Give me my ride....

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Rusty J and gec343 like this.

Burgman 200 for the win!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.