majesty sighting - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Garage
majesty sighting

Real nice majesty at south and earl ave in Lafayette, in. Around 2:45 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 06:03 AM

Awesome sight
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Super Poster

A friend has one but its all scraped up from being dropped on both sides. More of a runner than a looker, and he's in Va. Beach, VA. Not the one you saw. They are a rare sight either way.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 11:59 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc714 View Post
Real nice majesty at south and earl ave in Lafayette, in. Around 2:45 pm.
Majesty? You mean a Yamaha Majesty? Or the Queen, maybe? If the first, what year, what size? I had a chance to buy a 400 recently for a decent price, but I didn't like what I learned about mpg and maintenance.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:51 AM

Guys are you discussing about Yamaha majesty.
captainfish likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:13 PM
Turbo Poster

heh.. yep that'll get your post numbers up. And yep.. Yamaha Majesty.
Pretty bike. small storage.

Current Owner:
My 2nd 2005 Blue Burgman 650

Previous owner:
1987 Honda Helix
January 2005 Blue Burgman 650
"Blue Lightning"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 07:05 AM

Garage
I keep seeing the same one over and over. Every time I walk through my garage. Or take it out for a ride.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
I keep seeing the same one over and over. Every time I walk through my garage. Or take it out for a ride.
wow.. that is strange. Kind of like an interdimensional portal to a sentient domain where Majesty bikes are able to pick and choose their riders?

Current Owner:
My 2nd 2005 Blue Burgman 650

Previous owner:
1987 Honda Helix
January 2005 Blue Burgman 650
"Blue Lightning"

Photo Gallery:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 09:11 AM

I was really torn between the Majesty and the Burgman when I started looking. I've always loved Yamaha products. Never had any issues with them. I'm sure I could have come to love riding one.
I found quite a few dusty leftover Majestys around. Two of them locally at separate dealerships, which is odd in a more rural setting.

When looking, the plastics seemed very flimsy and the hatches, covers, seams, etc didn't match up quite well. The fit and finish really turned me off. I didn't even mind that they weren't even being made anymore. Perhaps it was a lack of caring during uncrating and assembly at the dealerships. I don't know. Both were kept with the used stuff in outbuildings.....already outcasted from the showroom.
It was just enough to push me towards the Burgman.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Garage
I was torn, too. But the slight ergonomic differences were telling. I fit the Majesty a little better. I also like having two headlights on all the time, instead of just one. And, the purchase cost for the same model year and miles is a little lower with the Yamaha. I don't see the quality issues you saw. But then, I may be blind to them. Do I see design issues? Sure.

Air filters

A JIS screwdriver is on its way from Japan, which should make it easier for me to inspect and replace the filters. Lots of people have had trouble removing the covers -- I'm hoping the main cause of the trouble was their using the wrong tool -- a Phillips screwdriver. So I plan to remove and inspect every oil change. The placement low on the frame makes them street cleaners, and replacement seems to be more frequent than the manual recommends.

No 12v socket

The prior owner added a stereo amplifier and speakers. Whether I keep the sound system or not, I could tap the wiring for that, as it's right there under the seat in plain view. I'm not sure I will, because I bought a couple of extra batteries for my phone, instead. That I'm currently housing in the front pocket of a high-viz vest. It's not very useful there, as I can almost make out turn-by-turn audio guidance, but only when at idle at an intersection.

Edited to correct typos and add:

Less under-seat storage

I cannot fit my XL full face helmet under the seat, no matter what kind of manipulations I make. There are people with normal heads who can fit theirs under, even 2 helmets. Not me.

I'm adding a top case. The ample derriere on these bikes seem to call for larger cases, and I'm thinking of a 46 or 47 liter Givi. That way, I'll be able to store my monstrous helmet.

Last edited by jggimi; 04-03-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.