Suzuki Burgman Forum - View Single Post - Transfăgărășan Road in România 2016 - Trip video
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Foxyrhei
Super Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. View Post
I would love to do that, but probably too cold for me. I see you were wearing cold weather gear and you had your "Drape" on your scooter to help keep you warm. What kind of temperature and weather ranges did you go through?
In August we met period of rains, also I used my termoscud as I had long run ahead. As I remember coldest temperature was on a north of Romania, when I was driving at night and it was +12C (54F), also 5 out of 6 days of my 3000 km run to Finland was through rain. But I was lucky to avoid even single drop of water in mountains!

As I remember that day, we started climbing to Transfagaras and it was around +20C (68F) in valley early morning, then up to +25C (77F) during trip and around +15C (59) on a top of 2000 meters (6600 ft). Also on that altitude in mountains weather can change every few minutes from clouds to sunshime and back to small rain.

When I was riding same road in July 2015, it was around +33C (91F) in valley (@ 5 P.M. local time) and ~ +15C (59F) on a top. So 4-season jacket + sweater/cardigan or wear summer jacket with raingear and you'll be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Burgman 400A L5 "Iuki"

Burgman 400 K2 "Siuzi" (sold)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome