Suzuki Burgman Forum - View Single Post - How hard are 650 tires to mount?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 11:22 AM
LeDude
Insane Poster

The front is relatively easy, doesn't take too much #(!*@, and goes on quickly.

The rear tire is a different story, the beads are so stiff that it takes a bit of planning and proper lubing to get both of the beads
on the rim, especially the second one.

I use Harbor Freight''s motorcycle tire changer which really helps with keeping the wheel in place and letting me use all my
energy an strength to get that 2nd bead on. I often have to use clamps to minimize the tire walking as I apply force in
the opposite direction. A good tire mounting bar will make the job much easier.

Give them a try and you will know pretty fast where you stand. Considering your tire changing back ground, I don't
think you will have any problems.

on one or two occasions I was defeated by that 2nd bead on the rear tire so I just took it in to a shop and they popped
the bead on for $5.00.

all the best.

Happy Riding . . . . .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LeDude .... . . . . . .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Last edited by LeDude; 03-14-2017 at 11:24 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome