just ordered SpeedoDRD - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default just ordered SpeedoDRD

I find it to be a hazardous situation to be driving along at a certain speed, say 65 mph, and have the speedo read wildly wrong, like 72. Its disorienting. Cars moving by at speeds I can only guess at. Also its an unpleasant effect. Its like having a horizon gage thats off 10 degrees.

Lets see how the speedoDRD works. Write ups here are really helpful.

My V-strom had same problem when I bought it. I was driving homewards along at indicated 80, people were passing me in cars at what had to be 90 where nobody usually exceeds 80. I was sitting high so speed sense was off. Bought a new faceplate for its mechanical speedo gage, perfect stamping with perfect colors and adjusted lines and lettering. Guy on that forum sells them.

Cheers.
johnny ro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Turbo Poster

Bike Type: Burgman Executive 650 2005
Default Re: just ordered SpeedoDRD

I have a SpeedoHealer fitted. It has corrected the -8.1% error and the speed is now correct at all speeds as checked by my satnav. Kenp
Old 03-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

The speedometer healing device will cause your AN650 to run with higher RPM's for the same (true) speed, which also gives increased engine braking

This thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=53283&hilit=+bypass describes how to route the unaltered speed signal to the ECU.

I have gone full mounty and purchased a second healing device, which will send an increased speed signal to the ECU, causing the bike to run with less rpm than standard - like eco or winter mode in a car.

I have already tried out the effect, but having the speedo showing 20% to much made 2 healing devices a necessity.
Custom-made true cartridge fully adjustable fork.
Hagon rear shocks
SpeedoHealer for speedo healing
SpeedoHealer for healing the CVT
ErikDK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Bike Type: '12 650

Suzuki should pick up the tab for these devices.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Poster

I installed the SpeedoDRD on my '03 650, and it works great. I don't notice a huge difference in engine RPMs or engine braking. I just like being able to glance at my speedometer and not have to do math to figure out how fast I'm really going. I set my SpeedoDRD to -9.5% According to my GPS, I'm within 1 mph of actual speed. That's close enough for me.

Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Givi Windshield & Topcase
Yoshimura exhaust
Racetech Gold Cartridge Emulators
Throttle Boss
Custom Seat by Cary Vincent
Renegade1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

According to owners, who have had both K3/K4's as well as K5's onwards, for instance Farquar4ever, the former run with less RPM than the latter, so they may not suffer so much from healer inflicted buzziness.

My K7 suffered annoyingly much, but today I've cured it in the most radical way: a second SpeedoHealer installed in the bypass line.

Now I can have my cake and eat it twice: I can independently adjust the speedo for any tire I install and I can independently adjust the CVT for laid-back low-rpm cruising or more towards "power mode"
Custom-made true cartridge fully adjustable fork.
Hagon rear shocks
SpeedoHealer for speedo healing
SpeedoHealer for healing the CVT
ErikDK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.