2008 Burgman 650 primary pulley stopper bolt - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

2008 Burgman 650 primary pulley stopper bolt

Hi everyone, i just picked up this scooter with 60k on it. It's a little scuffed up but what I could afford. I've changed all the oils and was reading about the stopper bolt failure so I went looking for it. Mine has an 8mm Allen head bolt in the case. I'm hesitant to remove it as the bike shifts fine. has anyone else seen this? I bought the bike from a dealer as-is so I have no history on it. It does seem to whine a bit like a p/s pump that's low on oil.but I've never owned or driven one so I don't know what's normal. Thanks in advance. Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Insane Poster

Location: Auburn WA Where God takes Vacation. ***TRAVEL STOP***
Tim, that bolt with a 8mm Allen head is not the stopper bolt. I will dig up a picture soon showing where it is on the right side of the bike. It is a 15 mm head bolt.

Yes these bikes do whine a bit like a power steering pump so it depends on how loud it is. If you could let us know where in the universe you are, maybe one of us "LIFER" members could do a meet up.

"Never mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim; the flat profile of a car tire is incompatible ....." TOTALLY HOG WASH!!!

SSG/E6 Retired US ARMY Signal Corp. 9th Signal Bn, Forward.

160,000 miles on a CAR TIRE/DARKSIDE.

On a Achilles ATR-K Economist 155/65 HR 14,
Prior GT Radial Champiro VP1 185/60 HR 14, Potenza RE92 165/65 SR 14 and 155/65 HR 14 Formosa D2

***TRAVEL STOP*** Camp, tools, Wifi,.....
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Insane Poster

I know I have better pictures but can not find them. I lost a lot when Microsoft switched me to Win 10 and I went back to Win 7.

Starter Clutch.jpg

009.jpg

"Never mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim; the flat profile of a car tire is incompatible ....." TOTALLY HOG WASH!!!

Prior GT Radial Champiro VP1 185/60 HR 14, Potenza RE92 165/65 SR 14 and 155/65 HR 14 Formosa D2

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 01:19 PM

Thanks, Dave J....your photos and explanation have helped me a lot, too. Will order the replacement CVT bolt Part #
21748-10G10 for my 2006 650 ASAP. Ledude has a good video showing the replacement procedure.
Dave_J likes this.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:00 PM
MJR
Insane Poster

There's this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...7psVhc/preview
Dave_J likes this.

'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650, Yoshi Carbon/Stainless Exhaust, Bazzaz Z-Scoot Fuel Control
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 rebuilt/upgraded CVT
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 another parts bike or project, CVT int failure
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 body damaged, stripped down/rebuilding back up on hold
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT with Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike, failed CVT splines/brg

www.gotgroceries.net
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Hey Dave thanks for the quick response. I'm in Port Charlotte, Fl. I looked at all the videos. It is the right location, just the wrong bolt. I ordered the correct one from Suzuki. I believe the scoot was in for service, left lower tupperware was loose and the primary gear bolt cover was off. It appears the previous owner bailed because of the cost to rebuild the cvt. I'm going to wait until it comes in on Wed and see if the bolt that's in there comes out and if there is any wear.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 05:22 PM
MJR
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Kibe View Post
Hey Dave thanks for the quick response. I'm in Port Charlotte, Fl. I looked at all the videos. It is the right location, just the wrong bolt. I ordered the correct one from Suzuki. I believe the scoot was in for service, left lower tupperware was loose and the primary gear bolt cover was off. It appears the previous owner bailed because of the cost to rebuild the cvt. I'm going to wait until it comes in on Wed and see if the bolt that's in there comes out and if there is any wear.
And whether or not threads have been messed with where it goes. A regular bolt would have to be trimmed in length and at the tip to fit in there correctly.

'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650, Yoshi Carbon/Stainless Exhaust, Bazzaz Z-Scoot Fuel Control
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 rebuilt/upgraded CVT
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 another parts bike or project, CVT int failure
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 body damaged, stripped down/rebuilding back up on hold
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT with Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike, failed CVT splines/brg

www.gotgroceries.net
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Insane Poster

Timothy, Not sure if you are talking about the Primary pulley stopper bolt or the Primary Adapter bolt. The bolt on the left side under that cover is the Adapter bolt. If it is missing there may be a problem and I would not ride it till the adapter is secured. See this topic on the Adapter bolt:
2006 Primary Adapter Bolt issue.

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Maybe some backyard engineering. Lol I'll have the correct bolt on Wednesday and will post pics of what I find. I've got a feeling I'll be selling the bike or tearing into it sooner than later. Does anyone know what the interchange is? Maybe I can find a good used one. It looks like There's a boneyard in Tampa, I'd rather change the unit than rebuild it if possible. I'm also a little worried that cover was off the adapter shaft, and that bolt head appears to wobble with the engine running. If anyone is near me I'd be happy to meet up and get an opinion. Thanks again for the responses. Tim
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Dave, sorry for the confusion. The primary adapter bolt is in place the cover was on the floor under the bike. I bought this from the abandoned bike pile. Lol. When running it looks to be wobbling, so I'm thinking the cvt is on its way out. When I changed the trans oil it was really sparkly almost like the paint on the bike. Now to find a video on removing the cvt. wee!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.