Bike doesnt move - high revs! - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:37 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfish View Post
With the bike on center stand, get on your hands and knees and look at the bottom of the bike where your left leg would be if you were at a stop light. There is a "sight glass" there for looking at oil level. What is your oil level and what color is it?
That's the hard way to do it. I'm much too old and creeky to bend down or get down on my knees. I just hold a mirror down low and shine a flashlight at it. I can see the sight glass very well that way. much less stressful.

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1977 Honda CB 750 Silver
1977 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:09 PM
Insane Poster

trouble shooting gearing issues on the 650 can be a bit puzzling at times.

I would start by looking at someof the docs in the knowledge base, lots of good info there.

The pathway of the drivetrain is: Engine > CVT > Clutch > Transmission > Final Drive > Rear Wheel

no two bikes are alike and parts wear differently on all of them.

if the scoot revs high and it gradually engages and you can attain normal operating and gearing, it could be a clutch problem, or
the PPS could not be working properly.

hopefully the wrong kind of oil was not used, with friction modifiers, in the past which will most certainly affect the clutch plates
and require replacing them.

There can also be something wrong with the CVT, the 05+ models have a better primary pulley adapter design but there have been
a few failures there too.

I would start by performing an all around oil change, engine/transmission with a new filter and the final drive.

if the problem doesn't go away after the oil changes, you may have some sort of mechanical issue which will require
a bit of investigating, which means taking off a few pieces of tupperware and pulling some parts off for inspection.

you can check my burgman center if you are a DIYer for all sorts of DIYs to deal with the PPS / Clutch / CVT etc...

good luck.

Happy Riding . . . . .

LeDude .... . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.