Got tired of "What is that thing?" - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Poster

Got tired of "What is that thing?"

So I got a beautiful silver metallic "Suzuki" with the iconic Suzuki S emblem in 1 inch high letters and put it on both sides of the faring in plane sight. Will see if that shuts them up Now I need a sign that says "No it's not a moped".
captainfish and mikeyMarine like this.

Common sense, the least common of the senses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Insane Poster

But i'd like everybody know that my tot is a moped.
--
[edit] If they beat me, it's not that humiliating, if not - it's a double fun.

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (too much a scoot)
Last true 400.
Suzuki DL1000. (gone but still most miles)

Last edited by Bolzen; 12-31-2016 at 05:16 PM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 08:35 PM

What is it?

Besides adding a bit of fairly subtle bling, this is what I did to answer frequently asked questions. The common response is " A 650, eh ? I didn't think they made them that big."

Last edited by ericclapham; 02-09-2017 at 01:18 AM.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 09:46 PM
Super Poster

I experience cars who try to get in front of me when they notice I'm a scoot, which i find hilarious.

Scoot is pretty fast. It leaves most cars for dead & keeps up with supersports so i put the hayabusa sticker on mine for giggles + it looks cool.

Currently on the lookout for a sticker that says "you've been overtaken by a scooter"

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/members...073-burga.html
captainfish and John Holbrook like this.

2004 Burgman 650 Exec........... Riding to work, working to ride
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 09:59 PM
Super Poster

Thumbs up Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericclapham View Post
Besides adding a bit of fairly subtle bling, this is what I did to answer frequently asked questions. The common response is " A 650, eh ? I didn't think they made them that big."
Yeah! I think that just about covers it.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 11:48 PM
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchips View Post
I experience cars who try to get in front of me when they notice I'm a scoot, which i find hilarious.

Scoot is pretty fast. It leaves most cars for dead & keeps up with supersports so i put the hayabusa sticker on mine for giggles + it looks cool.

Currently on the lookout for a sticker that says "you've been overtaken by a scooter"

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/members...073-burga.html
Yeah, I get that here, particularly idiots in huge pick-up trucks who actually think that they have a chance racing me on my scoot. I even had one young kid with one of those jacked-up trucks tell me about how heavily modified it was that it could beat me. Most of these morons have never heard of "weight to power ratio" I'll gather. The only time they'll get in front of me (as well as the aggressive types in the new Dodge cars, Mustangs etc) is if I really don't want to bother riding fast. I just felt like letting them LET them get ahead, that's all.
Mrchips likes this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgyBill View Post
if I really don't want to bother riding fast. I just felt like letting them LET them get ahead, that's all.
Ain't that the truth !

& the tailgaters !... I see em speeding up from behind a mile off. I just pull to the side of my lane & hand gesture them to pass. Funny how they don't do that when i'm on my harley ... Complete MORONS
BurgyBill likes this.

2004 Burgman 650 Exec........... Riding to work, working to ride
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 08:13 AM

Indeed most car drivers seem surprised then shocked when you leave them standing lol.Although haven't experienced this yet with my Burger but my Silverwing had a good turn of speed,I'm hoping the Burger is faster,what do you reckon?

Never look down on anyone,unless you're helping them up.

2016 Burgman Executive 650.
1977 Honda Hawk Hondamatic.
1983 Honda Superdream.
2006 Harley Soft tail.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Super Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to Squar
Not tried a Silver Wing (but wish I had), my 400 Burg is quick enough to keep me out of harms way and idiots, if I see them I just let them pass - better to have them in front than behind.

Sometimes the idiot is on the burg.....! I dropped it at 0 mph with wifey on the back - fortunately on a tarmac parking area, the bike was very gitery at the back - behaving like I was carrying a sack of potatoes, wifey won't ride anymore, next day I checked tyre pressures; front 25psi and ok, rear 25psi and should have been 36! Few light scratches on left hand bodywork and touched up with paint, haven't ridden since then.

Jim

'83 Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, '52 Sunbeam S8, '09 Burgman 400 K8
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 06:04 PM

Riding both a Silverwing 600 and Burgman 650 regularly, I would say that they are pretty well matched performance-wise in standard form. The Swing has better roadholding and is better through the twisties. Not to say that the Burger is still a very capable unit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.