Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Thrown off Burgmanusa--now back

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Skunkhome 
#1 ·
I was a Gold member for several years, then one day I tried to log on and was denied. Apparently the website was revamped, and all members had to re-register. I rebelled and stayed away for months, but yesterday finally gave in and came back after a lengthy re-registration. It's good to be back, but I certainly do not like the pop up ads and amount of advertisement now on the website. I liked it better when I just contributed yearly for my membership. However, now that I'm back I will continue to contribute when I can. I was a motorcycle accident investigator for many years for Rider Ins. Co. of Union NJ. At age 78 I am retired now, but still enjoy riding my trusty 650, and wll continue doing so as long as my body allows. Just a short comment about recently read threads, a BRAKE is what stops our bikes, while a BREAK is what disables our bikes. Thanks to all you members out there that have helped me over the years, it's good to be back. Tom

#2 ·
Welcome back, Tom.

Reactions: BurgyBill
#3 · (Edited)
Just a short comment about recently read threads, a BRAKE is what stops our bikes, while a BREAK is what disables our bikes.
Glad to see you're not homophonic... :grin

Welcome back to busa from sunny LA.

#5 ·
There is an alternate format that you might like:

Scroll the screen all the way down. In the bottom LH corner is a button for another view.

Click on it to see if you prefer it instead.

#7 ·
boy I am thrilled you posted that info as I have been less than thrilled with the "full" version. The classic version appears to be much more to my liking. Pages respond quicker. VS must be a data hog as every forum I post on powered by VS is noticeably slower than all the others. I only have a few years left and would prefer not wasting it waiting on page updates.

#9 ·
Mac: Think about it. If all ads were blocked there would be no incoming revenue to operate the internet, and that takes time and money to do.

So, to discourage folks from using ad blockers the providers insert poison pills into the blockers. Then, funny little things become a nuisance that were not there before, your computer won't crash.

Most of us who tried blockers found it a lot easier to just live with the ads. It's the cost of a free internet. Your choice........

Reactions: gec343
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.