Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Top Box Mounting Hardware - 2012 Exec.

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Larrybud 
#1 ·
I got my new to me 650 Exec yesterday. I'll need to figure out the the engine brake deal but was very happy with the ride and power.

I loaded up the Mrs. for a slow ride through the hood and she did not like the passenger backrest at all. On my other ride I have a large Givi Monolock Top Box which hit her up high on the back. Long story short is I need one for the Burgy.

I've searched around for the hardware but have gotten confused. Ideally, I want to be able to return the bike to the original backrest. Is there one where I can pull off the backrest and bolt on the bracket with no new drilling? I'm sure there is but could use some help. Any advice on a good case which will look good and provide a secure backrest would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

#2 ·
#3 ·
The bestem box requires drilling to get to the frame mounting points. But more important, I don't think it works with Suzukis backrest. You have to get the painted flat tail piece and drill into that.

Also, the 2012 box comes with a backrest, but the whole box isn't quite as solid as a givi. I wouldn't trust it to hold a passengers weight as a permanent solution.

I recommend the bestem boxes when it's just for occational use. I rarely use mine and I generally don't ride with a pillion rider. So it's perfect for me. If you want heavy duty, then invest in the Givi.

#7 ·
Reactions: ducati14
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.