Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Primary Pulley Disassembly Question

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  TheReaper 
#1 ·
What else do you have to do besides the removal of the nut on the very bottom of the pulley ?

TheReaper!

#2 ·
That's just to get at the keys.

#3 · (Edited)
OK thanks for the SUPER FAST response . It took about a minute to get it off , I took one apart about a year ago but forgot how I did it ? OLD AGE ?

Any way this is what I have , it came out of a 2008 wreck with 7000 miles on it . It must have sat outside for a while because it had a varmint nest in it .
Other than a lot of what looked like bits of house insulation and a lot of little black poop pellets and other debris (filthy) , it is overall decent shape .
It’s a shame but I think the PP is ruined ? What do the experts think ? Does the belt ride low enough to avoid the corrosion ? Doubtful !

TheReaper!

#4 ·
That's a pretty big patch of corrosion.

#7 ·
If he were to send it to me, I'd chuck it up in a lathe and spin it while holding some 0000 steel wool dipped in cutting fluid up to it. What do you say, $20 plus shipping???? :smile

#8 ·
If the bike it goes in is run a lot it may be ok otherwise if it corrodes more chances are it would probably wear the belt. Not thinking it's so good.

#11 ·
It came out of a 2008 with 7,000 miles on it . Yes it's the older 2 key model , and it would make sense to replace it with the new 4 key model when the bike is apart . That said even though the prices have come down , the primary pulley is still almost $500.00 U.S. .

I could have just blown the nesting materials out of it and sold it as is because it was intact . But I would never do that , honesty is the best policy .

TheReaper!

#12 ·
#14 ·
Probably not. The intake is tucked up underneath the bike. I remember LeDude making a rodent blocker for his.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.