Cheap Trunk - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Insane Poster

I always use my wheeled case. It saves a lot of trouble at hotels etc. The problem of access to the underseat area is easily solved by using two quick-release straps - the case can be removed and back on in under two minutes.

The great thing about science is that, unlike religion, it is true whether or not you believe in it.

Last edited by peelbrow; 01-27-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelbrow View Post
I always use my wheeled case. It saves a lot of trouble at hotels etc. The problem of access to the underseat area is easily solved by using two quick-release straps - the case can be removed and back on in under two minutes.
Very nice. Looks very practical.

Couple questions on your ride. I noticed a back rest pad, but no seat pad. Seems the reverse of most Burgmans I've seen. Do you find the stock seat usable or is there custom padding undern?

Also, there was a little disk down by the front wheel, light blue ring with some orange color and black lettering. What is that? Just curious

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjs View Post
Very nice. Looks very practical.

Couple questions on your ride. I noticed a back rest pad, but no seat pad. Seems the reverse of most Burgmans I've seen. Do you find the stock seat usable or is there custom padding undern?

Also, there was a little disk down by the front wheel, light blue ring with some orange color and black lettering. What is that? Just curious
I have no need of a backpad because since these pix were taken I have (1) fitted a 3 Brothers backrest. (2) I have never needed a seat pad (3) The disk is a visible proof of annual vehicle tax paid which, since taxing vehicles has all gone online this year, tax disks are now redundant in Britain and I just haven't got round to removing it. (it must be a godsend for those who never pay a vehicle tax. All the Police have number-plate recognition cameras in their cars which I believe are on all the time but there must be many non-payers missed.) see attached newer pix

The great thing about science is that, unlike religion, it is true whether or not you believe in it.

Last edited by peelbrow; 01-27-2016 at 04:51 AM.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Jesus there is some inventive people!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 05:17 AM

I fitted these black plastic hooks through the bottom lip of the plastic moulded seat base. I came across them in a Chandler's shop whilst searching for some SS fixings. The U channel pictured fits over the exposed (shiny) part of the seat strut and holds it in the open position with the seat bag still fitted. That's made out of a bit of old Alum. sliding window track. A bit of broom-handle would do ! I toured interstate with this set-up last year and it worked a charm.

Last edited by ericclapham; 06-19-2016 at 08:49 PM.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericclapham View Post
I fitted these black plastic hooks through the bottom lip of the plastic moulded seat base. I came across them in a Chandler's shop whilst searching for some SS fixings. The U channel pictured fits over the exposed (shiny) part of the seat strut and holds it in the open position with the seat bag still fitted. That's made out of a bit of old Alum. sliding window track. A bit of broom-handle would do ! I toured interstate with this set-up last year and it worked a charm.
That looks very neat. I simply: open the seat, lay the two straps across the opening, close the seat and fix the straps around the wheely-case. The seat can still be opened but - depending on the weight of the case - can be difficult to lift and keep open. I find a strut to be awkward to fit whilst holding up a heavy seat. That's why I remove the case first.

Last edited by peelbrow; 01-25-2016 at 09:02 AM.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelbrow View Post
I have no need of a backpad because since these pix were taken I have (1) fitted a 3 Brothers backrest. (2) I have never needed a seat pad (3) The disk is a visible proof of annual vehicle tax paid which, since taxing vehicles has all gone online this year, tax disks are now redundant in Britain and I just haven't got round to removing it. (it must be a godsend for those who never pay a vehicle tax. All the Police have number-plate recognition cameras in their cars which I believe are on all the time but there must be many non-payers missed.) see attached newer pix
Here's the picture I missed sending.

Last edited by peelbrow; 03-15-2016 at 10:52 AM.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Insane Poster

I have used the JC Whitney trunk and it was ok but easy to see why it was cheap. If you are going to use it very much or for very long or to carry heavier items, I would always recommend a Givi. There is much difference in price, I realize, but also in quality.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:53 AM

Garage
I just ordered these items for my 2014 AN650. I cannot find any diagrams on Bestem's website. I am wondering if I even need the Trunk Rack Kit I have listed. Has anyone else purchased this system for their 650?

Bestem T-Box 929 with Built-in LED Running and Brake Light Kit
Trunk Rack Kit for Bestem T-box 929 Trunk, Aluminum, Black
Bestem T-Box Mounting Kit for Suzuki Burgman 650

2014 Burgman 650
24,000 MILES
Daily Commute: 50 miles
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:18 PM

Where are you ordering the Bestem T-box 929 and mounts from.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.