Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Another GPS mounting option

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bikerdoc 
#1 ·
There are several options--here is mine.

I use an water resistant case that I got from Amazon ($15) to fit my car Garmin GPS. I use this GPS unit in my cars and on all my bikes. I like it a lot for dual sport rides as it allows for loading tracks and routes using Garmin BaseCamp.

The case is meant to be used on bike/motorcycle handlebars. I just removed the unnecessary hardware, but it is easily reattached for handlebar use.

I then used 3M velcro and also used pieces of green wire tie to secure the case. Several high speed rides and the case is still secure. i will use a better looking string when I get a chance.

Thanks,
Simba

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you lose the touch screen functionality w/ it inside the pouch?

I used a sandwich bag to put over the GPS when rain came pouring down. Worked out great!

#3 ·
I dont think it loses functionality as I think the touch screen uses resistive technology.

#6 ·
Be careful when buying cases of this type. I bought one but it didn't fit my Navman satnav because there wasn't enough room in it for the power plug unless the case was unzipped. The advertising blurb said it WOULD fit my model. I got my money back after sending a few photos to prove it.

#7 · (Edited)
I've a similar case which is part of a set of different holding attachments with several different bases. The securing case like the one posted seems to work well for me using a HTC HD2 (LEO) smartphone. Touch screen still functions.
I'm able to swap between different bikes as have set-up for use across different platforms depending on needs.

I also took a basic GPS or smartphone holder which I disassembled to use part of an 'arm' which I then attached directly to the top of the Burgman dash via nut and bolt after first drilling a single hole about 2-3" down from the top edge of the dashboard having first removed the screen - works well and puts the GPS smartphone within easy line of sight. Was simple, cost effective and very small footprint.

YMMV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.