Belt size and options - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By birubhai
  • 1 Post By Gio

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Belt size and options

Hi, is the transmission belt size same for all Burgman 400? Mine is 98 carb model and I am looking for strongest belt available as the engine is being used on a trike?

Also need conformation if Dr Pulley HiT 261301 will fit old AN400. I have ordered a variator/clutch tool to take the existing parts out for some measurement but your confirmation would greatly help. I will be using highest torque combination for springs in HiT.

Many thanks

Babr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burgusa.jpg (141.8 KB, 11 views)
bogdanfnf likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Gio
Super Poster

Hi Babr, an interesting machine you have there. As for belt size, no they are not all the same. If I recall correctly there are three different belts used, the 98-2001 (X to K01) uses a different belt to the 2002 to 2006 (K02 to K06) and the K07 to at least L02 use yet another sized belt.

One of my bikes is a Y 400 and I have tried an assortment of belts from different suppliers. Currently I am using an OE Mitsoboshi belt (no its not spelt wrong before you ask and assume it to be Mitsubishi ) .

I have also used cheap belts from the likes of Brooks Barn without a problem, although for the price of 20 I have opted to change them each year but then 8,000 miles per year on a 'cheap' new belt when 99% two up is quite a tall order I suspect?

My worst belt was one supplied by a Chinese motor cycle parts supplier in the UK and I suspect the Belt was for perhaps the k2-k6 models as it was rather loose and flapped around. It did not break but it encouraged transmission snatch.... so that belt was discarded early on..

I have always fitted my own belts and for me, cheap belts with early changes 8,000 and not 14,000 miles has suited our riding style up here in Scotland. The last thing you want is a broken belt when out on a single track road, miles from anywhere when touring in the NW of Scotland..

I not cannot comment on clutch setups and personally would experiment with different weight rollers before moving to the clutch... unless the original clutch was worn out ? Of course you never mentioned the trikes weight compared to the X model scoot with two people in the bike? Just remember the X/Y model Burgman was marketed as a luxury commuter... as stated on the handlebar covers and its not a sports machine but having said that its no slouch

Oh, keep an eye on the engine oil; level.. it does vanish on some machines and has been the cause of quite a few wrecked engines. Not knowing how your engine will sit, you could find the dipstick giving a false reading
Dave_J likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.