Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Hello from sunny Florida

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  stickyfrog 
#1 ·
I currently do not own a Burgman. I have a sick Piaggio MP3 500 and by sick I don't mean in a good way. I currently hang out mostly and am a moderator at Modernvespa.com

I fully plan to fix my MP3 but it may be awhile before I can get to it and being a daily commuter it is crimping my style not to be riding. I have not ridden a Burgman but am familiar with them and hear a lot of good things. A local Yamaha dealer here has a used one I am considering as a second scoot so I thought it would be logical to create an account here. So I am off to ask newby questions. :)

#3 ·
I currently do not own a Burgman. I have a sick Piaggio MP3 500 and by sick I don't mean in a good way. I currently hang out mostly and am a moderator at Modernvespa.com
Perhaps I have a question for you.

My buddy had his MP3 head bearing changed and the shop told him to come back in 600 miles for an adjustment. Before that limit came due, we was in an accident, right in front of me. Coming into a corner, his steering mechanism locked up and he couldn't get it to lean. Went right off the road. luckily hit soft dirt. He's fine. Bike is totaled. He's riding a burgman now.

Have you heard of any mp3 steering lockup stories?

Oh, and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

#6 ·
Thank God your friend is ok, I don't feel guilty for laughing, Some how he engaged the tilt lock, which I thought could not be done at high speeds. I had a fear that the tilt lock would engage while making a corner when I test drove one, glad it didn't. They are quite fun to ride though. I couldn't buy it because of the tilt lock. Too high tech for me. I am not sure but I think they are run with hydraulics and I have heard that they can get weak and go bad just by being parked too long,like a few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.