Greeting from Victoria BC - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Greeting from Victoria BC

Hi Folks,

This is my first day on the forum, I am pleased to have to opportunity to get to know you all.

I am 57 retired engineer of English upbringing (moved to Canada for work in 1999) I have been riding a Burgman 650 for a year now, I started with a 2005 and have just got myself a 5 month old 650 Executive model. I feel I made a great purchase, 140 kilometers on the clock, first registered September 2010, the poor guy I got it off had a stroke the day after driving it home, I got it for $7,000 Canadian, that's a good deal right?
I started my scootering days as a mod in 1969 in ENgland, I was lucky enough to have a Lambretta GP 200 Arthur Francis 's' type I thought that was the pinacle of scootering and would never be beaten, I used to do club racing on it & just had so much fun. Even clocked a fastest lap at Cadwell Park at 55 mph...oh those were the days.
Eventually I had to let my beloved Lambretta go & purchased a Honda ST1100 Pan European, another bike I loved but a heavy brute, I even managed to drop it in a busy high street while stationary at trafic lights when I didnt realise how sharp the camber of the road was. So after looking a complete prat lying there with a bike on top of me I vowed never to make that mistake again, gladly only damage was my pride.
Anyway, I have to say of the Burgman that it puts both the Lambretta & the ST100 to shame, I just did a road trip to California, Nevada, Idaho & back & my only complaint is after 10 days I was thinking I should have got a better seat.
I would love to meet up if any of you visit the island or join you if any runs are happening in the Pacific North West, I have a spare bedroom here for those of you who are visiting the island.
Looking forward to getting to know you

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Super Poster

Re: Greeting from Victoria BC

Good morning, and waving "Hi and Welcome" from just to your south, right across the Strait and a bit to the east!

Ride Captain, Peninsula District
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Welcome Tim from just north of you in Nanaimo. There are a few of us in Nanaimo and we would love to ride with you if you ever make it up this way. We are actually planning a ride to Gold River the summer if you're interested. Take care and ride safe.

Jit

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Missed but Remembered RIP.

Welcome Tim......
I see that you already have visitors.....
if you continue to leave your porch light on,
there's no telling how many more folks
will show up.....

It is well with my soul.

'05 Blue Burgman 400 Back rest & Rear carrier
AM/FM/CD XM Satellite receiver Leather laceup grips
Salamander Bar Ends Dual Batteries
BurgmanSeats 'puffy' seat by Cary
N5MVL Amateur Extra
Patriot Guard Rider #56199
Original ride Yellow 2004 Honda Ruckus
Currently 50,000 on 10-11-2015

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Welcome Tim from the old country.
Great intro - I like the old Pan 1100s btw (never had one though - but often lusted).

An expert = ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.
AN650AL0 (new toy)
AN650K4 (Av 44mpUSG) (Sold 11/4/2010)
AN400 - 2001 (Sold 8/13/05)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Super Poster

Welcome Tim, I'm also from Nanaimo, another DP from England in 1951(Delayed Pioneer), riding a K7 400 Burgman.

Ride safely, Paul
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Turbo Poster

Tim,

Greetings form another Ex-pat.

I used to live near Cadwell when I was in Woodhall Spa, and used to go there a lot to watch the racing in the 80's (especially classic car and bike, but also never missed a chance to see the rotary Nortons racing).........I also owned an ST1100 (which for my money was the best bike I've ever had, so far)....... I'm an Engineer (with hopefelly about another 20 years or so left in me before I retire).......... but on the other hand, I'm not English, instead being from God's own country to the North!

So as they say, it's a small world, but you wouldn't want it shoved up your @*!%.

I've never done the course on growing up, and I'm too old to start it now!

Iron Horses in my Stable:
2001 Honda ST1100
2011 Burgman 650 Exec (grey, "Spirit")
2012 Burgman 650 Exec (White, "Ghost")
2016 Vulcan Vaquero 1700

The rest are cages.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.